Recommendation/Differences between the Garmin Vivomove HR Sport or Premium

Hi all!

I have used a fitbit for years and have had no issues with it but looking for a change. I am an active runner (I run a 5k 3 times a week and am beginning to train for a 10k). I also weight lift a couple days a week.

I was looking into Garmin and liked the look and the price of the Garmin Vivomove HR as it is about 250 dollars.. the premium version of the same watch is almost 500 dollars.. does anybody have a recommendation or really know the difference between the two?

Replies

• jemmur
    jemmur Posts: 57 Member
    I’ve not used the HR version but I treated myself to the swanky version recently and I like it as a fitness tracker and everyday watch. I had an old version of the Apple Watch and realised the smart features were mostly wasted on me, as I care more about fitness and prefer Garmin’s ecosystem. The Forerunner 235 looked really goofy with my officewear so I picked up the Vivomove and wear it most of the time. It doesn’t have inbuilt GPS (apparently you can configure it to piggyback off your phone’s GPS?) or display stats very well during your run so I still switch back to the FR235 for that. For zoning out and lolloping on the treadmill, its fine. I’m not sure how accurate they really are but I like all the new everyday fitness metrics. Sometimes the touchscreen is a bit lazy to respond. It’s nice to be able to switch the straps out easily, to fancy things up when I want to.

If you are (or are pally with) a student, Garmin offers a really good student discount, at least in the UK! I chose my watch mostly because of... well... “ooh, shiny!”. The differences, as I understood them, are that the HR has one screen and is a slightly older model. The Style is newer and has two screens and the Luxe is the same with different cosmetic materials.