Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Lazygirly wrote: »
    Almonds,pickles,popcorn.

almonds? for 20-30 calories? so, like 3 or 4 almonds?

Yes, 3 almonds is about right. I had 6 almonds (7 grams) earlier for 42 calories. (And banana and seitan.)
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry then don't worry about 30 calories. You don't need to be that precise in meeting your calorie target.

IF you are hungry and only have 30 calories left then splash out and eat something even if it puts you a little over your target because you don't need to be that precise in meeting your calorie target.

If you went over by 100 calories a few times a week your progress would slow down by something like 2 or 3 pound over the course of the year.

Managing weight isn't about being perfect all the time. It's about being pretty good most of the time.
  • ssorg9
    ssorg9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese is 30
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat a pickle, some carrots, or have a cup of hot tea. Otherwise, I just let it ride :)
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Echoing that due to margin of error, you’re probably right at goal anyway, so I wouldn’t eat anything else if I wasn’t hungry. I’m typically over or way under my goal. Not worried about it as long as I’m still losing slowly over time. I just upped my goal from 1520 to 1670, but I’m at 1420 for today and full so I’m not going to eat anything else. Tomorrow I might be at goal or I might eat like 2000 calories.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Chai latte @ 17 calories is sweet, satisfying, filling, and looks like a great from a coffee shop:
    2 scoops Blue Lotus instant powdered chai
    1/2 serving Jordan’s Sugar Free Caramel syrup
    1/8c frothed skim milk (Ninja hand pump frother and 30 seconds in microwave make a really acceptable whipped cream substitute )
    Dash of cinnamon on top
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    cucumber, tomatoe, celery
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    "when you have less than 20 calories at the end of the day..." then you're doing a damn good job. Congrats!
  • Lazygirly
    Lazygirly Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Almonds,pickles,popcorn.

Yeah that’s about right. It’s 30 calories, you’re not going to get full from it by any means. If I’m in a calorie deficit I’m going to eat every calorie that I’m allotted.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Almonds,pickles,popcorn.

I imagined eating 3 almonds and my stress response shot up through the roof. How do people do it!?

Back to the original question. I don't hit my calories every day spot on. I don't need to. I just don't bother with 20 calories if I'm not hungry, or eat over if I'm hungry.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    I'd let 20 calories go but because I eat a lot of produce I can think of things that fit! A 100 grams of cherry tomatoes is 20 calories if I recall correctly, 4 cups black coffee, cucumber dipped in salsa, red pepper slices, 3 rambutan, couple apple slices, few cups mixed greens, few jicama slices. Very small serving of berries. A teaspoon of cinnamon is about 8 calories.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Almonds,pickles,popcorn.

I imagined eating 3 almonds and my stress response shot up through the roof. How do people do it!?

Back to the original question. I don't hit my calories every day spot on. I don't need to. I just don't bother with 20 calories if I'm not hungry, or eat over if I'm hungry.

My dad used to manage his weight by eating two cashews whenever he felt snacky. He said it satisfied him perfectly! It would drive me insane.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Almonds,pickles,popcorn.

My dad used to manage his weight by eating two cashews whenever he felt snacky. He said it satisfied him perfectly! It would drive me insane.

I tried having "a handful of nuts" before, and I would always end up eating more calories in other things trying to stuff the craving away than if I had just portioned a decent amount to start with.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Bantaam half sour pickles 10 cals
    Ginger Peanut butter chew 16
    Garlic bagel chip 20
    Nuts.com jumbo roasted pecan 20
    Pumpkin seeds - very small, count out the grams to 20
    Red grapes, 3.4 cals each
    Blackberries, 2.8 cals each
    Hershey chocolate kiss 23

That's all I needed to know...problem solved!

yygb3yxkhau5.png