5.2 help

I have 16 weeks till my wedding scales not moving I am thinking of 5.2 so in 2 days having shakes I have 1 stone to loss would this help what shakes are best I work out 4 to 5 times a week lost 1 and a half stone and can not get this last stone to move on scales help

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I would refine your process as it stands right now first. If you are not using a food scale perhaps it is time to consider getting one so you can improve logging accuracy. Once you start losing weight again you can experiment with 5:2 to see if you think it makes things easier. It is not a solution to weight loss. It is only a different way of organizing your calories.

My concern for you on 5:2 is your workout schedule. It may present no problems or it may have a negative impact initially or consistently on your energy. It is hard to exercise when you don't feel well and the more often it happens the more it gets in your brain and weakens your discipline... at least that is how it works for me.
  • Lindyk38
    Lindyk38 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi it has taking me a year to loss that weight and haven't seen the scales move in months feel like I am stuck at this weight thanks for the replys
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    burn39880 wrote: »
    Hi it has taking me a year to loss that weight and haven't seen the scales move in months feel like I am stuck at this weight thanks for the replys

If you haven't seen the scales move for months, that means you've found the number of calories you need to maintain. How many calories are you eating per day?

To lose weight, you'll want to eat less than that. You can do that with 5:2, but you can also do it by eating the same number of calories each day. It's really up to you which you'd prefer.
  • Lindyk38
    Lindyk38 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you I eat 1300 at the min
  • ktsj2015
    ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member
    burn39880 wrote: »
    Thank you I eat 1300 at the min

I hate to say it, but if you haven’t lost for months you arnt eating 1300.

I think your first step should be to tighten up your tracking weigh and measure EVERYTHING!!

Weighloss can stall when doing everything right but it usually only lasts a couple of weeks and then you drop suddenly, if your weight hasn’t move for a prolonged period it’s likely your doing something wrong and simply need to tighten up your habits.

I tend to find it happen when I get lazy and start eyeballing my food because I know what 100g looks like ... and I do but on week one that 100g eyeballs is actually 120g and by week 4 that 100g is actually 200g