Does everyday have to be intense?

Today I worked out this morning for about a half an hour doing squats and various different weight exercises just in my apartment. I didn't go to the gym today and do cardio like I try to do.

I was wondering if I can still count it as having a workout today even though it wasn't anything huge?

Replies

• kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    I still count days like this. I always list it as something like "calisthenics low impact"...or whatever log is relevant. However, if I do less than 20 mins high impact or 30 mins low impact, I don't bother listing it. That's just personal preference. I'm sure each person's opinion would depend on listed activity level. I work from home, so mine is sat at light (workout 1-3 days a week). If I was set at something more intense, I might not count it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    A half hour of calisthenics at home seems pretty legit to me! Every day does not have to be intense, and you don't always have to go slog it out on cardio machines if you don't want to, either. Whatever gets you moving counts.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Basically all I do is body weight exercises. They are great for both building muscle and can even get some cardio out of it if you go fast. I don't know how vigorous you were but yes use the calisthenics or aerobics exercise to log it.
  • Do you feel like you got a good workout in? If yes, then log it or eat a bit more.

Only thing is, without a HRM or some other means of figuring your calories spent you really have no idea what you did. Logging it for calories could very easily lead to over eating for the day, The calisthenics or aerobics log is so undescriptive you really have no idea how or why they came up with those numbers. For example, 30 minutes of Insanity doesn't equal 30 minutes of yoga. Personally I wouldn't use such broad catch alls. I'd rather be slightly under my goal cal then over shoot it. 30 mins of random stuff around the house probably isn't going to be some huge off setting number towards your goals, however only you know the intensity you put into it. Personally, when I'm farting around the house with some dumbbells and bands I never bother to record it. From busting my *kitten* at the gym or out on the hills I know what it feels like to actually be burning calories, the light stuff I do at home is inconsequential in comparison. Being 50-100cal under is really nothing.