Preworkout and BCAA

I am aware that you dont really need to consume either preworkout or BCAA. However I was gifted both as a christmas present and I would feel bad letting it go to waste if it can be somewhat useful.

I take preworkout before all my workouts. I dont drink any other caffeine, so I feel a serious pump from it and I am a big fan. My preworkout already includes "a daily dose of BCAA", but after some googling, it seems you can take tons of BCAA without it negatively affecting you.

Would I see any benefit in taking my preworkout with BCAA before my workout and then another serving of BCAA after my workout? Can you feel sick from drinking too much, or is it not a dangerous product in that sense?

I do mostly do weightlifting and if it can help relieve some soreness or help with recovery, that would be nice.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    A pre workout of caffeine can be useful to some people. The typical pre workout are over priced and I wouldn't consider better than a cup if coffee with the same amount of caffeine.

BCAAs might be useful for someone who trains fasted or vegetarians that lack in EAAs because of lower quality protien.

Personally I find no need to invest orbutilize either.

• runandbikeNick
    runandbikeNick Posts: 13 Member
    yes, BCAA's could be helpful and as far as I know it is well handled by stomach. Just amino acids, so can have lots and be fine. i take pills of them before and after workouts on occasion. Also helpful maybe when i am not having a hearty breakfast to ensure some good protein is consumed.

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2020
    Trade your free BCAAs and to some unwitting dupe for creatine or coffee.