And back again....

Options
von66mfp
von66mfp Posts: 22 Member
So I'm back here again I've been trying lose weight for last 13yrs on and off. Done the diet clubs for years (ended up bigger), done the gym (got addicted to exercise which caused other problems) finally quit both.

Last year at grand old age of 52 I decided try couch to 5k and logging food here. Finished program started running 3x a week (not my favourite thing though) logged food etc for 3 months and lost 2st 👍. Unfortunately started getting fed up of weighing and logging everything so stopped doing that last june although kept running (in hope of keeping weight off) until October.

Fast forward to now and you guessed weight back on and no running at all. So visited daughter at weekend feeling all inspired weve signed up for 5k race. So now I'm 2st overweight and not run for almost 4 months and even when I did run I couldn't manage 5k without some walking 😱.

So I'm back here looking for inspiration and motivation so I can finally get rid of the weight and start a sustainable exercise plan...send help 👍

Replies

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It’s always good to have a goal as motivation.

I’ve had several restarts myself, but my last one was 2 years ago. The thing that helped me stick with it was baby steps. In the past I tried to do everything at once, but then I’d crash and burn! This time I started with just logging food. Then it was maintaining a small calorie deficit (not going to the extreme of 1200 calories). Next I added cardio and finally lifting. I also make much more nutritious food choices now.

I still had ups and downs over the 2 years, but mostly they were brief stalls. I hit my goal of a 40lb loss this month. This has been a lifestyle change for sure.

I wish you success in the 5k, but more importantly in your journey to a healthy lifestyle. 💕
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Yeah, well, weight is about quantities of food.

Get that part figured out and you've got the weight tackled.

I think we all know what to eat, and some of us know how much instinctively, but the rest of us need a way to keep our fingers out of the cookie jar, so to speak (or literally.)

I had to address a lot of issues. Quantity. Quality. Macros. Nutrition. Meal timing. Snacking. Grocery lists/grocery store. Stress. Sleep. Alcohol. Food logging. Exercise.

It's complicated and not that easily sorted out or we'd all be healthy weight.

Keep working at the process. There is a lot to do.