any empty-nesters with 30+lbs to lose want to form a small motivation group?

Options
Hi

I'd love to form a small motivation group with others in a similar situation. After 18 years of raising children and working and keeping house, I am finally looking after myself and shedding the weight that has crept on.

I am 55, live in UK, in a leafy village just outside London. I'm the mother of two boys who are both off to uni in October, and I'm starting to think about how to live once they are gone. It definitely includes getting rid of the excess weight. I have at least 30lbs to lose. Maybe more. Not sure as my scales are not working and I think I may be heavier than they register.

If you're a similar age or stage, with children grown and ready to get fit and energetic to enjoy the next stage of life, I'd love to hear from you.

Replies

• cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Just bumping this to see if anyone is around this weekend and would like to form a group for weight loss, fitness and a new life where we put our own health and fitness first after raising children!
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My daughter leaves on Tuesday for a job in the Brecon Beacons. My son left last May to live in Scarborough with his girlfriend.
    Just me and hubby left at home now! We will have to talk to each other 🤣🤣
    I have another 35lbs to lose but it will come off. Need to get hubby out walking with me more often.
    I am based in Berkshire. Thankfully far enough away from the Thames!
    I will send you a friend request and we can encourage each other.
    Chris
    😁💪🏼
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris, Thank you for replying. We are in similar circumstances. Same amount of weight to lose. (Though realistically, I'd be happy with 30lbs as I don't know that I'll ever be back to the weight I was when I was younger.)
    What plans do you have for life now the kids are gone? Mine are still around for now but both will be gone by October, and I'm really;y aware that this is a chance to make some healthy changes in all sorts of ways.
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We need to get used to being a couple again. It’s been so long since there were just two of us.
    The house will also be really quiet. That will take time to adjust to.