Your current view....

Options

Replies

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    6v9n7iuajxky.jpg

Ok thats it , I'm bringing my tractor over :)
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    My favorite little nook at the air b&b. Even with the cheesy sign.😂
    083gk8wl9tek.jpeg

I see why it's your fave nook. Love those old, multi-purpose pieces. Things were made so sturdily & they easily lasted for generations. Wish I had a house so I could do all sorts of painting projects... I love to refinish & reupholster furniture. Looks like there's a writing desk on the right, as well & they even have an old iron you put on the stove to heat. Have a restful time at your AB&B!

For me... uh, I'm watching an alligator float down the canal from the comfort of my living room. He's a small one... 10' maybe. I've seen Schwartzen-gators... 20' long from giantly monstrous head to tail. I can't get a decent pic through the screen, so, you'll just have to take my word for it. Yep, I could step outside the door, but... I'm afraid he'll see me & alert the others that lunch is strolling nearby.

giphy.gif

Left now. But yes, the right was a secretary. Complete with a couple of pairs of old readers, a pencil and a church cookbook. With writing of what pages certain recipes where found in the front. It’s my guess that the people who own it, it used to be their mothers. And they didn’t want to get rid of it. So they fixed it up and rent it out. Just my guess. My middle guy heard a lot of noises the first night too.🤷🏻‍♀️

My mum used to collect old cookbooks from 2nd hand stores & sometimes there would be handwritten recipes inside. They were so old, they wouldn't always contain amounts, just a list of ingredients, or say add xx to taste & would list oleo as an ingredient. Sometimes, a recipe didn't even list temp or time to bake... just bake until done or if a cake, bake until spongy to touch or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

One of my sisters lives in PA in a 200-yr old home & used to hear the sound of someone walking up the stairs... her bedroom had a set of stairs behind a door, leading to the cellar. The house was so old, the cellar had a dirt floor, low ceiling so you had to crouch down when inside & no lighting. She asked her husband to open the door to see what was behind it, then board it up, since they weren't going to use the cellar for anything. He just locked the door with a skeleton key & told her he had boarded it up.

Once he opened that door, the activity increased so that everyday (after 3am), there were the sounds of footsteps & her 4 kids (all under 10 at that time) started to ask about the old man with the cane & the small boy with him. The kids weren't scared & told her the old man was walking the boy to school. That alleviated most of her fears & she just lived with it for about 5-yrs. One day, the noises just stopped & only on rare occasion does she hear footsteps. We used to wonder if the old man came around, since her kids were all the same age as the young boy he was walking to school.

I used to not believe in such things. And I also scare extremely easily from scary movies and stuff like that. Hate them. But….when so many people see and hear similar things, what’s the other explanation? Very interesting

Same here. I'm squeamish & easily scare, but I've also heard far too many paranormal stories from people I trust. Sometimes they can be dismissed, depending on who's reporting the story... I know 1 person who likes to fabricate tales on everything... & there's the rare person whose story is possibly drug-alcohol induced or there's a bit of mental illness involved.

I've had a few experiences, but I always dismiss them as they've happened during times of great stress, illness or if I'm listening to too many true crime podcasts. An ex-bf once yelled at me for watching scary movies & reading true crime books, after I'd woken him up 3 nights in a row, screaming in my sleep. lol Poor guy...
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    083gk8wl9tek.jpeg

I see why it's your fave nook. Love those old, multi-purpose pieces. Things were made so sturdily & they easily lasted for generations. Wish I had a house so I could do all sorts of painting projects... I love to refinish & reupholster furniture. Looks like there's a writing desk on the right, as well & they even have an old iron you put on the stove to heat. Have a restful time at your AB&B!

For me... uh, I'm watching an alligator float down the canal from the comfort of my living room. He's a small one... 10' maybe. I've seen Schwartzen-gators... 20' long from giantly monstrous head to tail. I can't get a decent pic through the screen, so, you'll just have to take my word for it. Yep, I could step outside the door, but... I'm afraid he'll see me & alert the others that lunch is strolling nearby.

giphy.gif

Left now. But yes, the right was a secretary. Complete with a couple of pairs of old readers, a pencil and a church cookbook. With writing of what pages certain recipes where found in the front. It’s my guess that the people who own it, it used to be their mothers. And they didn’t want to get rid of it. So they fixed it up and rent it out. Just my guess. My middle guy heard a lot of noises the first night too.🤷🏻‍♀️

My mum used to collect old cookbooks from 2nd hand stores & sometimes there would be handwritten recipes inside. They were so old, they wouldn't always contain amounts, just a list of ingredients, or say add xx to taste & would list oleo as an ingredient. Sometimes, a recipe didn't even list temp or time to bake... just bake until done or if a cake, bake until spongy to touch or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

One of my sisters lives in PA in a 200-yr old home & used to hear the sound of someone walking up the stairs... her bedroom had a set of stairs behind a door, leading to the cellar. The house was so old, the cellar had a dirt floor, low ceiling so you had to crouch down when inside & no lighting. She asked her husband to open the door to see what was behind it, then board it up, since they weren't going to use the cellar for anything. He just locked the door with a skeleton key & told her he had boarded it up.

Once he opened that door, the activity increased so that everyday (after 3am), there were the sounds of footsteps & her 4 kids (all under 10 at that time) started to ask about the old man with the cane & the small boy with him. The kids weren't scared & told her the old man was walking the boy to school. That alleviated most of her fears & she just lived with it for about 5-yrs. One day, the noises just stopped & only on rare occasion does she hear footsteps. We used to wonder if the old man came around, since her kids were all the same age as the young boy he was walking to school.

I used to not believe in such things. And I also scare extremely easily from scary movies and stuff like that. Hate them. But….when so many people see and hear similar things, what’s the other explanation? Very interesting

Same here. I'm squeamish & easily scare, but I've also heard far too many paranormal stories from people I trust. Sometimes they can be dismissed, depending on who's reporting the story... I know 1 person who likes to fabricate tales on everything... & there's the rare person whose story is possibly drug-alcohol induced or there's a bit of mental illness involved.

I've had a few experiences, but I always dismiss them as they've happened during times of great stress, illness or if I'm listening to too many true crime podcasts. An ex-bf once yelled at me for watching scary movies & reading true crime books, after I'd woken him up 3 nights in a row, screaming in my sleep. lol Poor guy...

😂 I don’t blame him on that one. When tv and commercials were a thing I’d have to look down or close my eyes during scary commercials/previews. I just can’t.
    Yeah if you’ve gotten stories from people you trust it’s hard to just write it off as “just your imagination” or something. Ugh…it’s too late at night for me to talk about it anymore. (8:23pm😂)
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    2Racks wrote: »
    f1pcgrwgfhkg.jpeg
    This view will never get old 🙂

Clutch, bro. Absolutely fabulous.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    783byzs4j6uh.jpeg
    Well it was last night but the fog made everything look cool.

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @2Racks Looks like relaxation perfection to me!!
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @2Racks Looks like relaxation perfection to me!!

Yah, our own little oasis in the backyard, very fortunate 🙌
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    1uucodqbprwu.png
    zw74xfykc86m.png

Dare I say this worked? IF it did, these were taken from up my hill a couple days ago walking one of my pups.
    OMG I did it! Thanks to @RAinWA!

Oh you all are going to be sorry now. :)

"Is this heaven?"

"No, its Iowa."

Beautiful.
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    2Racks wrote: »
    f1pcgrwgfhkg.jpeg
    This view will never get old 🙂

Clutch, bro. Absolutely fabulous.

Thx bud 👊🏻
  • tmanfive
    Options
    Ms. @ReenieHJ, looks like heaven. Mine needs cut soon. The alfalfa is almost hip tall in sone places.

Compliments of stray cats, my workday is nearly done. 🤙🏼

Y’all know what kinda days it’s gonna be, what I’ll be doing, and where I’ll be doing it at 😉

pipxrhv6icih.jpeg
  • ReenieHJ
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Crud. I'm not as smart as I thought I was; pic came in upside down. :/
  • tmanfive
    edited July 2021
    Options

I must have my phone upside down cause it looks fine to me. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »

I must have my phone upside down cause it looks fine to me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Haha no, the hay field pics are fine but I tried posting a picture of where I went this afternoon and it keeps coming in upside down. Weird.
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I’m donating plasma and getting in some reading

gwtkmp9f4ysu.jpeg
  • tmanfive
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Zoomie402 wrote: »
    I’m donating plasma and getting in some reading

gwtkmp9f4ysu.jpeg

Good on ya. I made mad $ doing that in high school. 🤙🏼
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    @tmanfive yes they give great money for it! It funded my vacation, and now I’m saving for Christmas for my kids.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    083gk8wl9tek.jpeg

giphy.gif

Here’s a little update I couldn’t help but sharing. So sweet.💗
    chhabu0nahcz.jpeg
    Maybe my 13 yr old did hear something.