Im scared that my excercise isnt paying off

Options
2»

Replies

• WinwillLose
    Options
    I've been doing the south beach diet, on and off as my will power allows. But over all I have been tracking everything that I eat. And I will tell you that for me, eating around 1500 cals a day and working out 7 hours a week works. Keeping in mind 3 of those hours are walking on my lunch hour, 3.25 miles. And 4 hours are kettle bell and kick boxing, sometimes I run with my dog as well so it's probably more like 8 - 10 hours of fitness stuff.

But over all what I eat or don't eat has the most effect on my weight lose. I try to eat more protein than carbs, drink lots of water, and move my butt for at least an hour a day even if it's just walking. Find a way to make it part of your life and fun. My gym buddies keep me motivated to get to the gym, and we push each other in classes. My lunch buddy at work loves to walk no matter the weather, and the dog drives me nuts on Sunday's if we don't go for a jog. I didn't build that support over night, one thing at a time.

I've gone on and off this site 4 times, I always come back to it. Weight watchers, UP band, SouthBeach page....I came back to the free site time and again. Although, I did learn from each of the others i tried.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I feel the difference right away when I don't exercise in the way I look. Exercise makes you look toned, even if you don't see it on scale. Pick exercise you enjoy. For me running is something I enjoy and I see weight loss from it plus makes me look toned.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    "watching what I put in my face"

This sums it up, and exercise more. I started watching what I ate more and started moving more, I started losing weight consistently. It takes time. You need to be patient, take measurements more often than you weigh yourself as the scale doesn't show ALL the work you do.
  • seniram845
    seniram845 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Strong is the new thin. Are you feeling better? Are you stronger? Can you do things you couldn't do before?

The scale is only one part of what we're trying to do.

Keep at it, I'm sure its helping!

http://fitmaninafatmansbody.blogspot.ca/
  • ninesteeezy
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your input! I am seriously starting to feel a difference now since I've been watching all the unhealthy foods I've been eating
This discussion has been closed.