Fat/saturated fat?

Options
OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
Now that I have lost in the neighborhood of 75 pounds and have really tried to study food, calories and fat I find some things very interesting. Like I have have seen many You Tube videos and read articles about how fat and saturated fat is not bad for you. I never subscribed to the absolute low fat or no fat theory. Mine was balanced, just keeping things balanced and that worked and continues to work for me. So what are your thoughts on fat and saturated fat? I really don't think of them as the evil as people make them out to be but would love other peoples thoughts onthis subject.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Fatty acids are essential to life. MUFA and PUFA, especially Omega 3s are very important to health and wellness. The recent evidence i have seen on SFA suggest that they aren't harmful or beneficial, so rather agnostic. What is key is getting most of your fats from nutrient dense sources, and stay away or minimize processed meats and highly refined oils.

Just in general. If you are eating whole sources of food, you are probably in a good position.