Calories I ate today: 945
Calories I burned Exercising: 787
Net:158
I'm 18 (turned 18 3 days ago) and im 6ft2

Replies

• honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    If you actually burnt 787 calories exercising (what were you doing to burn 787 calories??) then yes most definitely 158 is too low.

You should speak to your GP about this.
  • nightshade94
    Options
    I go for a lot of walks, and a mixture of running. But mostly walking.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Did MFP tell you to net 158 cals? No it didn't. At the very least it will tell you to net 1200. Follow the MFP calorie guidelines. Eating so little can be very damaging long term.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You a troll???

You'll die if you don't eat more than than...much much more!
  • nightshade94
    Options
    no I have way better things to do than troll on the internet. i'm new to calorie counting and i'm only asking for help.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    no I have way better things to do than troll on the internet. i'm new to calorie counting and i'm only asking for help.

I'm 5 ft and I eat 1450 calories to lose weight..you're much taller than me..up your calories or you will get very ill.
  • edmundcarter
    Options
    At 18 years old with the amount of calories you are burning you should be eating at least 2200 calories for energy. Your metabolism is VERY strong at your age and burn whatever you eat off quickly. Walking is great, I know because I do it too, but the more you walk the more food you will need.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    At 18 years old with the amount of calories you are burning you should be eating at least 2200 calories for energy. Your metabolism is VERY strong at your age and burn whatever you eat off quickly. Walking is great, I know because I do it too, but the more you walk the more food you will need.

^^^THIS!
  • nightshade94
    Options
    Will it better if I add 100 more?
  • LaserMum
    LaserMum Posts: 133
    Options

I'd say more like 1000 more MINIMUM!!!!!

Unless you're suicidal, because netting as low as you are is a sure way to screw up your health.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

Try adding 1000 more.
  • nightshade94
    Options
    Most of the time, I just eat fruits mainly, I haven't ate junk food in weeks. No soda or juice, only water.
  • nightshade94
    Options
    what are the long time effects of this?
  • Emagique
    Emagique Posts: 17
    Options
    Your calories intake has to be at least 1200 (food-exercice).
    If not, you will ery probably get sick (like very sick, believe me) but also it will not help you loosing weight, your metabolism will slow because your body will think you're starving. And each time you are going to eat something with a little fat, your body is going to keep it. It is dangerous. If you want to lose weight and if you want to stay fit you need to do it with a doctor. Internet is a good help but you won't get real medical advice...
    Please take care of yourself and EAT MORE :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yes