Portion sizes

I am having a suuuuuper hard time with my portions. I know it is a self control problem, I have very little. I have an addictive personality and when I buy ice cream cones I will eat all 6 in one or two days. I haven't had a drink in almost 2 years because I am completely unable to stop (I'm not that bad with eating). Does anyone struggle with anything like this? I could really use some good tips. Please be nice too, I know it is a character flaw, I didn't come for people to judge me, let's support each other and maybe give me some tips? Thank you,
Chelsea

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Don't buy 6 ice cream cones. Buy a single one if you want ice cream, and walk to the shop to get it. Want crisps? All portions are huge? Don't buy them. Find an alternative that comes in a small bag. just don't have any snacks in large quantities at home. Actually, you might eventually find something that you can enjoy, and have them in larger quantities at home. For me it's wafer bars. I have one for lunch and am happy. Small cups of good chocolate creme is also one of those. One after dinner and the rest remains in the fridge.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    I don't binge eat..but I do keep any fattening food out of my house. If it isn't there I won't eat it. simple as that. It works like a charm.. it can not work! lol. I'll even keep butter and peanut butter out of the house because it is so calorically dense. I'd be eating spoonfuls of peanut butter all the time.