Why I need support...

Options
My story:

I’m 54 and have 51 lbs to lose. There was a time in my life where I felt on top of the world and loved everything about my life but as I got older, I lost the love of my life due to being impatient and then was diagnosed with very early stage 0 ovarian cancer which basically meant they biopsied a growth that was growing on my right ovary and found cancer cells so we decided the best route was a full hysterectomy removing both ovaries. I was 40 years old with no kids. Before this surgery, I exercised every day and was at a very healthy weight and felt like I looked good. After surgery, something with my hormones being all over the place, I became very lazy and unmotivated began eating poorly and not exercising and basically just gave up on myself. I’m alone most of the time and although I’m close with my family, we all live far from each other so can’t visit when I’m feeling lonely. I turned to food for that support for the last 14 years. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had to watch what I eat all my life but usually got a handle on things before it went too far. I used to live in the middle of a rural area but due to feeling secluded and lonely, I moved to a brand new 55+ community in hopes of making new friends. My personality needs to be out and about & keeping busy. Sad to say but nobody includes me in anything and I think it’s because I’m single & they are all married. I’ve dated very little in the last 14 years and I believe a lot of the reason is not feeling good about myself. I really need to get a handle on my emotions & eating as I believe the 2 go hand in hand and that’s why I’m here. I need some supportive diet pals who will help keep me on track. I do my diary every day but haven’t been using this site to it’s best potential.

My goal: Lose 51 lbs by October. I’m going to the Albuquerque NM Hot Air Balloon Fiesta and I want to want to take photos during the experience. I’ve avoided being in photos for the last 14 years and I’ve been to some amazing places. I should have pictures of myself in these places but didn’t allow myself to be photographed because it gets me down when I see myself in photos so it’s just easier to avoid it.

I’m just learning my way around this app. I have a very busy work schedule but will do my best to be supportive back.

Thank you in advance to anyone offering their support to me. 😊

Replies

• evenangie4079
    evenangie4079 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 56 and need to lose about 40 more pounds I have lost 12 in 6 weeks . I am also going on a cruise in November with my husband and family so I’m using that as my Motivation. I am here to talk and support you anytime as I needs support also.
  • WorkinOnIt7
    WorkinOnIt7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response Angie...I’m here if you need me too. We can do this! Sometimes it’s just knowing someone is there and understands how difficult this can be for those of us who struggle. If I can figure out how to request you as a friend, I’ll send request 😊
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You can count on me too. I'm 57, and have been on MFP for almost two years. I lost 60, but gained back 14! Now I'm back tracking EVERYTHING and exercising every day, and have lost 7. Believe me, some days are tough and I just wanna give up, but I've worked so hard to get here. There are so many posts that are inspiring. Believe in your best self. You're worth the effort. The balloon fiesta sounds fantastic!
  • WorkinOnIt7
    WorkinOnIt7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Congrats on your your weight loss! You should be so proud of that! I can’t wait to go to the fiesta. Been on my bucket list for a while now 😊