Fractions vs Decimals

Options
2»

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I prefer the decimals myself. Some of these entries are off a little, so I can adjust to get the right amount just by moving up or down a few 10ths of a decimal. And in my recipes I weigh out my onions, etc, and need the decimal values to match.

In fact, I gave the Lose It app a try and that's the main reason I left it and will stick to MFP - it has no option for decimals, only fractions.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    On the single serving food item I measure it raw. For instance my meatballs are always 37 grams each. Do not ask me how it ended up at 37. I really do not remember.

1 and 305/1000 of an oz? :wink: :innocent:
  • Knavola
    Knavola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wished I looked at this forum and saved myself the aggravation and disappointment. I thought it was just me that my fraction default went away! The main issue with decimal is that the serving size defaults to 1 and you have do a few more clicks to get the size you want. Fraction-just scroll. Decimal-back space, hit dot, hit 3 numbers then enter. Yes it’s only a few seconds longer but a complete waste of my time. Fraction default is a must have feature. The decimal option is nice to have when I need to be precise.