salad recipes?

Options
my salads are so boring I fall asleep while eating them.

what are some healthy, low cal things that go well together in a salad?? x)

Replies

• Raniz85
    Raniz85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Melon (any kind!) with goat's cheese (don't overdo it on the cheese, it's not very low-cal, it's low-carb though) and chicken or turkey. I've heard that walnuts go well with goat's cheese too, but I'm allergic so I wouldn't know.

Tomatoes - regular, cherry or sun-dried - with mozzarella and smoked ham and perhaps a few fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil.

Olives, pickles, red onion rings and fresh tomatoes with chicken and a bacon strip. Pour some caesar dressing on top and coat it in a layer of parmesan and you've got yourself a really nice caesar salad.

Kimchi (http://nourishyourroots.blogspot.se/2013/02/super-delicious-homemade-kimchi.html) with shrimps and aioli (easy on the aioli).
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have variety of salads, I add some de-fatted soya chunks for protein, squeeze lemons..bit of garlic..

Some time I microwave salads for different taste

At times you can have raw / put olive oils, anything that fat free / low fat is great...mustard is again superb

I loved your line my salads are so boring I fall asleep while eating them.
  • oDDnySS
    oDDnySS Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat salad every single day...these are my two go-to's, and they get me through the week as meals :-)

Mexican style salad:
    -Mixed lettuce, arugula, watercress, spinach
    -1/2 small avocado, diced
    -lime juice, to taste
    -extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp
    -Goya adobo seasoning
    -cilantro
    -chili powder
    -black pepper
    -onion powder
    -reduced fat sharp cheddar & Monterrey Jack cheeses, 1oz
    -Vidalia onion
    -red, green, yellow, orange bell peppers, strips or diced
    -cucumbers
    -celery
    -grilled chicken or shrimp (adobo seasoning, lime juice, Cholula chili sauce- a dash, onion powder)

Asiago Bruschetta salad:
    -aged asiago cheese, 1oz (diced really small- seems like more to go around)
    -homemade bruschetta- Campari tomatoes, minced, roasted garlic chopped, fresh basil, red and/or white onion minced, cracked
    black pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper, dash of salt, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar
    -arugula & spinach
    -sliced black olives, chopped small (olives are fatty, so adjust for serving size)
    -red and green peppers, diced
    -fresh basil, to taste
    -sun-dried tomatoes
    -fresh mozzarella, sliced from log or ciliegine, 1 serving (lower in sodium, but watch fat)