Confidence...

Options
I'm slowly starting to get my confidence back. It hasn't been easy at all. I started out in 2016 at 230 pounds when I met my boyfriend. He had already lost 170 pounds and went from 350 down to 180 and was hoping to help me. I managed to get down to 171 by February of 2017 and maintained it up until 2018. In April of that year depression set in. I was a stay at home mom and college student while my boyfriend sold cars. I felt trapped and relied on food and Mt Dew to get me through. By the end of 2018 I was back up to 220+ pounds and lost any motivation to better myself. In the beginning of 2019, I found a little motivation but couldn't get below 200 no matter how hard I tried and I was pretty much bedridden by that May. My back started spasming really bad to the point it hurt to even move, even if it was just turning over. I went to the doctors and had an X-ray done. Even in the X-ray she could tell that my L5-S1 disc had started deteriorating and I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc at 30, along with Lordosis. She decided to do an MRI and found it was pretty bad and that I had bulging disc in the same one as well, so I was diagnosed with 3 different things in my back. I felt defeated. She put me on a super strong anti-inflammatory pill and it helped as long as I kept taking it. I didn't want to be reliant on the pill but I also didn't want to work out. I gained another 10 pounds from being immobile and my weight shot up to 210ish. Then I finally started working and was able to get down to 194 at the lowest but I, again, stopped trying and relied on carbs and sugar. As of February 08th, 2020 I am on diet known as the carnivore diet and it has changed me in so many ways, just in 2 weeks. I dropped 8 lbs and I barely take my pills at all. I have people congratulating me and it feels amazing. I kept giving up and thinking I wasn't worth the change and that it was too hard. Something in me clicked and now I only eat meat and dairy, drink water and one cup of coffee, and work out, and I feel GREAT!! I'm finally on the road to getting my confidence back and I couldn't be happier!!

3cuun854lmt4.jpg
9w6c121v8sp4.jpg
4msu9vibogw5.jpg

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    You have a beautiful hourglass shape!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad you found a way of eating that works for you. I slipped at work fresh out of college at 17 and herniated a disk in my back that eventually required surgery, then later discovered I needed two surgeries for fusions as I had congenital stenosis at the disk above and needed to have the same level operated on again then another surgery for hardware removal (biggest relief from a surgery!). I was bedridden for years with all of this and have permanent nerve damage from the waist down. I started walking in water then built up to a recumbent bike and later weight lifting, a strength routine, and other cardio machines. I have to modify things but it's really helped a lot with stability and mobility. I just started a back yoga routine that has most of my physical therapy routine in it (Fit On app Get Your Back Back). It's definitely not easy to work out with ongoing pain and weight loss isn't easy but you're definitely worth it!