Help!!!!

Options
I started again today, so far so good....but now the cravings!!!!! How long till they go away????

Replies

• fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Drink water! I found that if I stayed well hydrated that helped the cravings. Not 100% of the time, but a pretty good amount of the time.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not sure they do. Can you have 1 bite and chew 20 times or just smell it? I can't so have to stick to no and avoidance. Did you eat your protein today? If you eat no sugar for 2 weeks, it begins to be less important as your taste buds recognize more tastes and even sweetness. If you want that, try carrots and/or pea pods. If you want potatoes, eat cauliflower (totally serious, can be riced, mashed, or cooked in chunks). Eat/drink soup broth but take care about sodium. Drink water.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    What are you craving? Have you banned certain foods? Can you eat that food in moderation? Smaller portion?
  • pandagalaxy
    pandagalaxy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For me, it took maybe a week or two I think? However I do still think about the foods I miss from time to time however I don't act on actually eating them.

The most helpful part was drinking enough water and eating enough fiber and protein and just healthier overall. In the past when I just made it a numbers only (calories) game and didn't pay attention to macros/nutrition I was still mad craving all the time. When I allowed myself one treat a day vs once (or twice) a week..it just kept me going for more. Less is more. Once a week having a really good treat is enough for me, once I realized that I've been fine and I enjoy my healthy snacks like an apple in the afternoon more.