Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is determined by calories, nothing more, nothing less. That doesn't mean that the scale won't fluctuate for a lot of random reasons in the short term, but your real loss only has to do with how many calories you eat compared to how many you burn.
  • kooris
    kooris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much !
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I found if o stayed within calories it didn’t tend to matter what I ate too much
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Won't affect weight loss, but when I eat a lot of grains (particularly wheat) I get much hungrier again much sooner. Wheat also seems to affect my inflammation more. The next day after eating too much of it I am foggy headed, sometimes with a headache and my joints ache. Probably just me, but not worth it for me to eat more than one or two servings of wheat in a day.

YMMV
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    kooris wrote: »
    Ate too much bread and cereal today BUT
    stayed within my calories.
    Will this affect my loss ??

Weight loss is about calories, not carbs.

Also, just for clarification, those are largely complex carbs. Simple carbs are sugar...complex carbs are starches and fiber. So for example, most fruits are comprised largely of simple carbs...white rice, potato, bread, etc are largely comprised of complex carbs.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    No, as long as you stay at a calorie deficit. Less calories in than calories burned = weight loss.