Newbie:

Options
Lovemyself175
Lovemyself175 Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Good Morning everyone my name is Monica. I would like to introduce myself. I am a disabled 45yr. Old woman, who was finding everyday life getting harder.
My son who has always been my best friend and mental and emotional support, went in the Army just over 4 yrs. ago. And my seasonal depression got worse then. Now he just turned 25 last weekend, been married 2yrs. & 4mo. I have not seen him in over 4yrs. And that is killing me. And my daughter-in-law, well I might have spoke to her about 4 or 5 times in total.
That's when things started changing. I mean I have always been overweight. But I tried to stay active. But then I became disabled in 2014, and was in so much pain that I just didn't care anymore. And just started putting the weight on badly.
Then things got worse last year. Just at this exact time. See my husband left me 1 week before our 19th wedding anniversary. Which it is coming up March 3.
I fell apart for about 2 long months. But I was living back with my mom and step-dad, and my mom would not let me do that for long. By that time I started taken a real good long look at myself. And honestly I did not know that woman I had become.
See I was always use to taken care of someone. I worked in the medical field for over 17yrs. And when I became disabled I couldn't do that anymore. But I still had my son and husband. Then my son went in the Army. And my husband had to start taken care of me. And I turned to food.
So when my husband left all I saw was a way out of shape fat blob. I had let myself get up to 365lbs. And didn't care about my health. And at that point is when it scared me so bad. And so by May I decided that I was going to do everything that I could possibly do to get Monica back.
I changed a good bit. Starting with not what I ate but how I ate. I portion controlled. I went from a full size plate to a smaller size. Then my mom saw what I was doing and changed herself. So by then I gave her my plate and went down to a saucer size plate. Which I still getting enough of my nutrients and vitamins.
Well I am glad to say that I am at 296lbs. And finally to the point of where my body is physically able to start doing some light exercising. Without hurting myself anymore.
And I have my fight and spunk back. And my husband and I are talking more and hanging out like we did when we first met. And I have noticed that he can't stop staring and smiling. And I like that a lot. It's building my confidence, at that's what I am trying to work on now.
So I hope to be able to complete what I am working on with myself with the help of all of you. I appreciate you taken the time out of your busy lives to read my story. And I really hope to make some good friends to be able to continue on this journey with me.
Thank You So Much, and Have a Wonderfully Blessed Day.
Monica,
(Lovemyself175)

Replies

• Lovemyself175
    Lovemyself175 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone my name is Monica. I would like to introduce myself. I am a disabled 45yr. Old woman, who was finding everyday life getting harder.
    My son who has always been my best friend and mental and emotional support, went in the Army just over 4 yrs. ago. And my seasonal depression got worse then. Now he just turned 25 last weekend, been married 2yrs. & 4mo. I have not seen him in over 4yrs. And that is killing me. And my daughter-in-law, well I might have spoke to her about 4 or 5 times in total.
    That's when things started changing. I mean I have always been overweight. But I tried to stay active. But then I became disabled in 2014, and was in so much pain that I just didn't care anymore. And just started putting the weight on badly.
    Then things got worse last year. Just at this exact time. See my husband left me 1 week before our 19th wedding anniversary. Which it is coming up March 3.
    I fell apart for about 2 long months. But I was living back with my mom and step-dad, and my mom would not let me do that for long. By that time I started taken a real good long look at myself. And honestly I did not know that woman I had become.
    See I was always use to taken care of someone. I worked in the medical field for over 17yrs. And when I became disabled I couldn't do that anymore. But I still had my son and husband. Then my son went in the Army. And my husband had to start taken care of me. And I turned to food.
    So when my husband left all I saw was a way out of shape fat blob. I had let myself get up to 365lbs. And didn't care about my health. And at that point is when it scared me so bad. And so by May I decided that I was going to do everything that I could possibly do to get Monica back.
    I changed a good bit. Starting with not what I ate but how I ate. I portion controlled. I went from a full size plate to a smaller size. Then my mom saw what I was doing and changed herself. So by then I gave her my plate and went down to a saucer size plate. Which I still getting enough of my nutrients and vitamins.
    Well I am glad to say that I am at 296lbs. And finally to the point of where my body is physically able to start doing some light exercising. Without hurting myself anymore.
    And I have my fight and spunk back. And my husband and I are talking more and hanging out like we did when we first met. And I have noticed that he can't stop staring and smiling. And I like that a lot. It's building my confidence, at that's what I am trying to work on now.
    So I hope to be able to complete what I am working on with myself with the help of all of you. I appreciate you taken the time out of your busy lives to read my story. And I really hope to make some good friends to be able to continue on this journey with me.
    Thank You So Much, and Have a Wonderfully Blessed Day.
    Monica,
    (Lovemyself175)