Need a lil help pleaseee

Basically, I've been slowly putting on the pounds no matter what I do - I've put on half a stone and it's been months.
I've successfully lost 2 stone, now I don't know what to do. So far I've looked up all the ways to break a ''plateau'' .. I've added exercise, i've tried to reduce my carbs (without success) at the moment.

Can someone look at my diary? Just really need some support , advice and help right now!
x

Replies

• marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Bump!
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Your diary seems a little incomplete, it's hard to say if eating habits are your problem. Going solely by your stats, I'd say that it's about time to stop looking to lose weight and start changing your body composition. Put on a little more lean mass by lifting weights, maintain a slight deficit (enough to lose .5lb per week) and you should see a difference in your body shape & size, even if you don't see the numbers on the scale moving.

We're about the same height and being between 9-10 stone is a very healthy weight.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Looking at your diary for the past week there are some days not filled in, and some days you've gone over your calories, maybe that could be contributing to your gain.
    Try making some healthier food choices.
    Also I don't know if you're tracking sodium, but there are a lot of foods in your diary saying 0 for sodium when obviously there is sodium in them, so maybe the food you're entering is inaccurate.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Your diary seems a little incomplete, it's hard to say if eating habits are your problem. Going solely by your stats, I'd say that it's about time to stop looking to lose weight and start changing your body composition. Put on a little more lean mass by lifting weights, maintain a slight deficit (enough to lose .5lb per week) and you should see a difference in your body shape & size, even if you don't see the numbers on the scale moving.

We're about the same height and being between 9-10 stone is a very healthy weight.

i agree with all of this!
  • I'm no expert. However, I'm going to say that it's the amount of Sugar (which is not tracked in your diary) sugar will contribute. I noticed the "Harvester" brand foods were very high in fats and some fried and things of that nature. Also, you have went over on your saturated fats quite often, which isn't good.

I'll tell you what I do when I have a sweet tooth (: I eat Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal dry (I get the cinnamon flavor) It's good for you, but helps satisfy sweet cravings (: I also have some fig bars that are less bad for you than Newtons Brand. They are called Nature's Bakery. Also, Fiber one makes a 90 calorie chocolate peanut butter bar that is low in calories, fat, and sugar, but it's also quite tasty. (: Me and my boyfriend love them, and he's not on a diet. lol. You can also eat some flavored greek yogurts in place of your peach yogurt. Most regular yogurts have a lot of sugar. With a low cal, low fat greek yogurt you're getting a good bit of protein as well.

But, like I said I'm no expert. But, we're friends on here and any time I can try to help a friend, I do (:
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    b u m p