Question

Options
If I eat 2,000 calories a day and lose 1,000 calories but the calories I ate we’re good calories ( Vegatables and Fruits and Protein) Will I still lose weight even if I didn’t lose more than I ate ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you eat 2,000 calories and only use 1,000, you will gain weight. But it is very, very, very likely that you are using more than 1,000 calories a day. Your body burns energy all the time, even when you're sleeping.

You lose weight through a calorie deficit. You don't need to eat "good calories" to lose weight (although it's always good to meet your nutritional needs).

Have you tried entering your stats and goals into MFP and getting an estimate of what a good deficit goal would be for you?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Please rephrase your question.

What do you mean by "lose" 1000 calories? You mean by exercising?

What are "good" calories? Obviously it's best to try to get decent nutrition and to get enough protein fat and vitamins and fiber - but for weight loss it only matters if you create a deficit.

So. You ate 2000 calories and exercised 1000 calories? Is that what you are saying? Where did you come up with that 1000 calories for exercise (if that is what you're saying.)
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    What does mfp give you as your calorie goal when you put your stats in? Eat that much