What prompts a friend request

Options
cowsfan12
cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
What prompts you to send a friend request to someone ?

Is it just their profile pic ? Maybe you find them attractive? Maybe you hope to get all the newds??

Do you see them post on mutual friends walls?

Have you bantered back and forth with them in the forums and thus feel they would be cool to know on a more personal level?

Do you just Russian roulette it and start picking ppl randomly ?

Just a random thought - got me thinking - some folks have over 100-200 friends some have smaller 10-50 -

Ima 10-50 kinda guy myself - and generally only send a request if I’ve had interaction via the forums or mutual friends walls.

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Yes

Oh wait.. wrong thread...

Only have hand full.. I friend ppl that I chat with in fun n games..
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing after receiving a handful of requests, all from guys. I haven't posted on the community boards for over a week... not sure what prompted the flood of requests.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I never send out requests, but I do accept every one I receive and give everyone a fair shot. Some people I have had to nix, but most of them? They are pretty cool people I wouldn't have gotten to know otherwise.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I keep small numbers. I rarely send a request, am more apt to accept a request from someone with mutual friends or have had quality interaction with in the forums. If I in fact send a FR it's because I've been dramatically impressed in some way.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I rarely send friend requests. If I do, it's usually to someone I've interacted with in the forums or through mutual friends.
    I rarely except unless we've interacted, mutual friends, or cash is involved. 😁

That reminds me, I probably still owe you some money.....😁😆😆😁
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Profile pic + other pics in profile + content of their posts... bonus points if something in their profile resonates with me (goals, challenges, whatever)
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I don't send requests.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    profile pic

What catches your eye? In said pick - I funny avatar - I landscape pic - their pet - or is it just about cleavage ?

cleavage
    but also its a safety thing typically like idc if someone changes their pic to something random and funny but if i've never seen them use an actual real pic then i think odds are they're probably not representing themselves accurately.

so if they have a real pic up, and then i see things like they do the voice thread with regularity, and especially if they can make me laugh, then odds are better on them being real and i'll send a fr sometimes but it's still pretty rare tbh

Is it sad I read your one word response and automatically thought you were going to make a pun about geology?
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Profile pic + other pics in profile + content of their posts... bonus points if something in their profile resonates with me (goals, challenges, whatever)

I never actually look at actual profiles as I think you can only do that on the browser right ? And I didn’t actually fill that part out - this may be why I don’t get many fr ?? 🤔
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Any symptoms of mental illness and I’m in

That’s just good common sense yo!
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    I don't send requests.

But do you accept them?? Also are you a mt dew fan - I feel like you are ??
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I don't send requests.

But do you accept them?? Also are you a mt dew fan - I feel like you are ??

Haha my past life..... Ya
    I do accept requests but I don't really see the point. I only exist in the forums.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I don't normally send fr either... But I accept everyone, unless I have no clue who you are and there is a blank pp...

I'm a pretty lousy mfp tbh... I already log food using Samsung health and mfp doesn't transfer my workouts from fitbit for some reason... And I'm just too busy/lazy to put in the effort to make it work... 😂

So because of this, I don't really use my feed nor Wall much... I'm mostly hear for the forums...