Lent 2020

Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I try to do something for Lent every year. I actually "kicked off" my weight loss on MFP 7 years ago during Lent. I fast during the day on Ash Wednesday and Fridays--only liquids (unless I feel lightheaded, like today--ate a small piece of bread) until supper. I also don't eat sweets during the week--Sundays I let myself. I try to do or say something nice to someone everyday. It's mainly a time to be aware and maybe think differently.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Weigh ins
    Ash weds 202.8
    March 4 : 201.0

This week I went and bought two cases of hand sanitizer at aldi (don't worry I didn't actually clear the shelf) and brought it with me to my volunteering at my towns food pantry. Just a reminder as people stock up in caution due to covid-19 that those who need food pantry on a regular week don't have the ability to stock up and likely want and have no way to get extras like hand sanitizer or an extra few weeks of food ect
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Lent is one of my favorite times of the year!! The way we do it is regimented, so I don't exactly have a different Lent experience every year, but I love it as a family tradition. It always brings us together. This year is a bit of an exception because I'm not observing it as strictly as usual. It will be 100% plant based for 7 weeks as always, but I'm being more lenient with the other rules.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the disagree was about. It doesn't bother me, but it does bother the curious cat inside of me.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the disagree was about. It doesn't bother me, but it does bother the curious cat inside of me.

probably just someone scrolling on the app. :)

i'm not doing well not thinking negative things about people. my commute is making it very very difficult
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I gave up fast food and diet coke. Growing up, I was always told that it "has to be something that you love" so that it is a sacrifice, and I have been eating way too much junk over the last six months. I'm also making a concerted effort to be more present with my family. I have a husband, a 1 year old, and a 4 year old, and I work full-time and am in my last semester of college with 18 credit hours this semester. Because my kids are at young, demanding ages, I am always with them (usually holding one!), but it can be easy to try to multitask and do other things while I'm in the room with them, like cook or pick up the house. I am making an effort to be 100% present and not let myself get distracted by all of the things that need done, and just sit or play with them when we're together.