Original goal achieved! (6 stone 9 months)

adamjames1993
adamjames1993 Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2020 in Success Stories
Just achieved my original goal of losing 6 stone! Took me 9 months of daily long walks and “cleaner” eating. I’m still not totally happy with where I’m at and want to lose another stone and gain more muscle. For the first time ever, my BMI is in the healthy section!😁👍

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Wow thats a lot to lose in relatively a short time - well done and congrats :smile:
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Although you might not be fully satisfied just yet, where you've come from is a long way, my friend! Nice going, and good luck with your future progress! I'd be happy to of lose just 3 stone at this point! :D
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    First of all, take a victory dance!

ban-cha.gif

Then be aware that every fat cell in your body will be screaming that they want their triglycerides back! Don't let them have their way!

I can tell you from experience in 2017 that, if you follow your weight loss with about a year of maintenance where you are just as careful as when you are actually losing the weight, you'll find that your body changes subtly to adjust. Throw in some regular exercise and, yowza, things really change for the better. Many other times, I've dieted off 10-20lbs and then just declared victory, gaining some or all of the weight back over a period of several months.

Best of luck!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,408 Member
    Good job but I especially love how the dog aged as you “youthed”.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    <3
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    That's so inspirational! Good for you!
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Fantastic. Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!