CLA - anyone use/used it? opinions

Options
What are peoples thoughts on CLA? I hear a lot of good things and video’s on youtube seem to declare them as a natural wonder solution to assist in reducing fat creation and maintaining lean body mass.
I know there’s no such thing as a miracle pill etc and a fond believer in exercise and hard work to achieve things but wondered if anyone has tried it and what their opinions of it were.

Replies

• HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have tried the USN CLA green tea tablets (http://www.usn.co.za/product/weight-loss/body-toners/cla-green-tea-53.html)

But for me I didn't see a difference, however I did only take them for about 2 weeks, so maybe I'll start again for longer and might see added benefits.
  • bluangelz
    bluangelz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the CLA soft chews as I have a problem with swallowing pills. They have good flavor and seem to help when I remember to have them before meals.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Or you could get it naturally when you eat grass fed beef and from chickens fed CLA (according to Wiki).

I take a number of supplements to effect changes in my blood glucose along with diet and exercise. It's cool because I can see differences in my results through frequent testing so I'm kind of spoiled, in that I expect to see a difference or not pretty quickly.

It's interesting though. My mom's the supplement queen and I've got some ALA here that I'm debating trying, but my FBG was 86mg/dl this morning so I think I'll just stick to the list of supplements I've got right now :drinker:

ETA: I've seen a lot of the supplements used for lowering BG touted for fat loss & I can honestly say, they've never worked that way for me. Some have worked better than others but nothing seemed to have affected my weight loss one way or another. Bear in mind that if my BG's are abnormally high or stupid that particular week, I don't lose.