Weight loss

Hi ive been working out 4 days a week for a month and staying around 1200 kcal. Havent seen any weight loss. Although i have seen decline in inches any advice should i cut more calories i want to loose nine pounds

Replies

• maplevines
    maplevines Posts: 3 Member
    It would take some time to see a physical difference because weight loss doesn't target a specific part of the body. Instead, you would lose weight from different areas, so it would be hard to see with just the eyes. For a frame of reference, 1 pound of fat is the same size of 1 can of beans, and 1 pound of muscle should be about half of that. This video here help me put into perspective of weight loss on the scale compared to its visuals, https://youtu.be/TC0STEq3mv4

May I ask if you are trying to lose weight overall, or specifically fat? Because 1200 is a very little amount of calories to consume, especially if you are working out frequently (1200 calories is what most people would burn if they layed down all day and didn't move. Which would be energy used for brain function, breathing, etc.). It would be best to use a calculator to see how many calories you need to eat based on age, gender, height, weight, and activity level. I personally prefer the one from freedieting.com

This is really important because if you lose weight too quickly, then you aren't burning fat. Instead your body would burn muscle and use that for fuel. On top of that, if you lose weight to quickly then your more likely to gain weight back, and it will slow down your metabolism in the long run.

So to sum up, no, you probably don't need to cut more calories. Only cutting your regular calorie intake by 200-300 calories a day should be sufficient. Just have to wait and take your time ☺️. Remember, weight loss it about the goal not how long it takes to get there
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    With nine pounds to lose, I'm guessing you're at or very close to a normal weight range. At this point, it is going to take a lot of patience and consistency to get to your goal.

You're already eating the lowest amount of calories a woman should eat. On top of that you're active. Don't cut more calories.

Are you using a food scale to measure your food? Accurate logging is going to be key for you at this point.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    With nine pounds to lose, I'm guessing you're at or very close to a normal weight range. At this point, it is going to take a lot of patience and consistency to get to your goal.

You're already eating the lowest amount of calories a woman should eat. On top of that you're active. Don't cut more calories.

Are you using a food scale to measure your food? Accurate logging is going to be key for you at this point.

This^^^^ Are you using a digital food scale? The last 10 lbs are the hardest.