My story

Options
ashleyrivers
ashleyrivers Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2020 in Motivation and Support
5’10
30 years old
heaviest weight: 304 (July 2017)
End Jan weight 264.2 (been around 260 for over 1 year maintaining that 40 lb loss)
Weekly goals: 1 - 1.5 lb/week (4-6 by end of feb)
End Goal: 215

About a decade ago, after being obese my entire life, I decided to lose weight. I did the food weighing and counting macros. I started at 274 and lost 85 lbs in 10 months. Calorie restriction of about 1300 calories per day. I could lose 2-8 lbs a week. I got a Tummy tuck and for the first time in my life I was “pretty”. I mentally wasn’t ready for the psychological component of new found “attractiveness” it was overwhelming, the attention, being able to shop in any store. Ultimately I’m the stereotypical story of losing it to quickly without the knowledge to maintain. So here I am years later fighting the good fat fight again. Gaining confidence in myself (at 300 lb more secure in my skin than when I was 189), I’ve found it hard to really do this again. Workouts I’m stellar at but the diet is my biggest struggle. Shoutout to everyone In this group, I just learned my fitness pal has this support community and am thrilled to be apart of it!

Keep strong ladies!

Replies

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yes, mfp is especially great because everyone on here is as obsessed with their food/health as you are! Because sometimes people around us just dont want to hear about it as much as we want to talk about it!