Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Intermittent Fasting

Options
Just started intermittent fast 20:4 working out great and trying to Maintain 30/30/40
Carbs/fats/protein but get very difficult to get 40% of protein without adding fats and carbs any suggestions

Replies

• bubkish7312
    bubkish7312 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, cottage cheese is a great snack. You could get one low fat if you have no more fats to spend. I also mix cottage with some steamed spinach ( you could add a little pumpkin seeds for crunchy feeling - 5-10 grams. Pumpkin seed are high in protein not only in fats). Skir (Islandic Yogurt) has also high protein and low fats. And is very low in calories. You could mix it with spinach or pickles or other greens as a small salad/ dip. If you chose chicken breast for your protein meal it adds alot too.
    Habe a nice day :)
  • SkoolGirl87
    SkoolGirl87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Beans
    Tofu
    Seafood
    Lean poultry
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,499 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ah, the fun fasting game! LOL :s

Seriously, if you ask this question in a different forum (e.g. something in the category Food And Nutrition) you'll probably get more responses. But leaving it at that...

If you're not avoiding meats entirely I'd recommend skinless chicken breast or skinless turkey breast.

There is some fat (I think it's unavoidable in non-frakenfood meats), but the protein/fat ratio is about as good as it gets in an animal product.

The upside is there are a lot of ways to prepare these with different cooking methods and spices that give you lots of flavor variety and don't add much if any fat or carbs, and some of the more yummy methods like cooking under the broiler or on a grill melts some of the fat off as you cook.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Intermittent = Irregular intervals

If you're consistently eating every single day within a window of time that is Time Restricted Eating. TRE.