How your eating has changed

Options
13»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I guess I was weird in that I overate despite eating lots of protein (to be clear, I think the average American eats lots of protein, but I ate as much as I think I needed and as much as I needed during weight loss) and lots of vegetables (true, the average American eats a shockingly small amount of veg). I did a bad job of controlling fat (like added olive oil) and carbs (too large portions of starchy carbs) portions.

I guess one of my changes is I not only have a consistent before I go to work breakfast, but I make sure that meal, like my others, includes a good many veg.

Another change is that I consistently eat fruit and nuts/seeds daily (in the past I liked fruit but would go days without bothering with it, and I would not eat nuts/seeds most days and then overeat them when I did eat them).
  • Lanabanana42
    Lanabanana42 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What I find I do consistently now is eat a more varied and balanced diet. I now eat breakfast every day as before I was a huge meal skipper. Although I know many who people do very well with intermittent fasting, FOR ME, small eating windows led to uncontrollable binges. In the morning I now make sure to have a protein source ( eggs, greek yogurt, ham etc..) carbs in the form of fruit especially berries sometimes apples or bananas and a source of fat (avocados, fresh butter, nut butter etc.. ). I log everything and find that if I pre log my day, I can gage my meals better. Although I still eat lots of carbs, I try to avoid things like buns, baguettes and cakes because I still overeat those things when available. My lunches tend to be lighter than before because now my breakfasts keep me full a lot longer. Salads, fruit/veg and some protein every day. I usually stick to the same meals breakfast and lunch because it's just easier. At my house, dinner is the main event and we try to have something delicious and/or exciting a few times a week. Nothing is off limits at dinner time. I eat potatoes, pasta, steak, chicken, fish, rice, veg, takeout, you get the idea. But, it is portioned controlled and pre logged. That way I can adjust earlier meals to fit. I also save some calories during the week so I can let loose a bit at the weekends. I have also stopped snacking because I prefer
    three larger meals than multiple small meals. I also close up the kitchen after dinner, no more midnight munchies. A nice cuppa tea usually hits the spot in the evening. This work for me, YMMV