Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

1 year transformation

mrdanj77mrdanj77 Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
Hey new here. This app has been very helpful as a type 1 diabetic and learning my calorie maintenance to achieve my mini goals. Gained about 19lb of mass this year while keeping body fat in check.

Replies

• jdscrubs32jdscrubs32 Posts: 490Member Member Posts: 490Member Member
    mrdanj77 wrote: »
    Hey new here. This app has been very helpful as a type 1 diabetic and learning my calorie maintenance to achieve my mini goals. Gained about 19lb of mass this year while keeping body fat in check.

Very impressive. What was your workout routine & nutrition over the last year to help increase in size?
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Posts: 35,857Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 35,857Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Great job man!
  • sardelsasardelsa Posts: 8,935Member Member Posts: 8,935Member Member
    Amazing work! Would also love to know more about your lifting routine
  • mom23mangosmom23mangos Posts: 2,960Member Member Posts: 2,960Member Member
    20lbs in a year is fantastic. And you’re shredded! Great job! 👏👏👏
  • mrdanj77mrdanj77 Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Amazing work! Would also love to know more about your lifting routine
    Typically I train 3 on 1 off 6 days a week with progressive overload and varied intensity techniques. Every month I’ll have a deload week based on my recovery. I do a typical bro split because I like high volume. My current split is legs/abs, chest, back, shoulders/arms, repeat. However I’ve tried everything from Layne Norton’s PHAT program to DC training.
    Right now I’m taking a 2 week diet break since I feel run down from cutting and I’m not competing or anything.
    if anyone has questions on diabetes, diet, training HMU since we have to do things a little different. I love to discuss things I’ve learned over the years for optimal blood sugar control while building muscle or shredding.
    edited March 4
  • mada2u1984mada2u1984 Posts: 77Member Member Posts: 77Member Member
    mrdanj77 wrote: »
    Wow that’s amazing, congrats!
  • rheddmobilerheddmobile Posts: 5,130Member Member Posts: 5,130Member Member
    Brilliant! I’m a type 2 diet and exercise controlled so what I have to do isn’t nearly as complicated, but I imagine it must be quite tricky dealing with glucose fluctuations and that volume of heavy lifting! Would love to hear how you handle it. Do you get lows very often?
    xy8d630khg86.jpeg
    dwq9p9vv7f5c.jpeg
    Maintained this week on my diet break, averaged about 24k calories
    Brilliant! I’m a type 2 diet and exercise controlled so what I have to do isn’t nearly as complicated, but I imagine it must be quite tricky dealing with glucose fluctuations and that volume of heavy lifting! Would love to hear how you handle it. Do you get lows very often?
    I do get lows just about every other day in the 50’s or so after training then doing cardio. I prefer to steer towards lows vs high since high BG is more catabolic for muscle tissue. Lately I’ve been eating a few glucose tabs as I walk in to the gym and adjusting my long acting insulin (trujeo) by dropping 1iu if I’m low 2 day’s in a row. I use insulin pens troujeo long acting, novalog for fast acting and Regular insulin “R” medium acting that you get at Walmart for high protein meals since it has a slower onset.
    How’s everyone’s apocalypse going on your side of the world? We’re carrying on per usual. siewdxkz50ko.jpeg
    00nanb2mvh42.jpeg
    Luhyx25x90u9s.jpeg last gym day until this nightmare is over. Building a gym at home for the apocalypse, don’t stop, won’t stop
  • giancarlov1191giancarlov1191 Posts: 315Member, Premium Member Posts: 315Member, Premium Member
    vw76x47nwsuk.jpeg
    Lul9u4vnwngx8i.jpeg
    Lucky to have a gym at the hospital to still lift. No gains lost during the corona holocaust. Full home gym will be completed in a week.
    edited March 25