Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I found my tribe.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think it’s like anything else, when something is important to you, you want to talk about it, but we have to remember that what’s important to us as an individual, is not always what’s important to the people around us. In most cases friends a s family want to be supportive, but they also don’t want someone else’s diet to dominate the conversation or relationship. Frankly I don’t want that either and I would find it annoying if I had someone in my life who was so ruled by their diet that it was all we talked about and that it dictated their decisions about socializing with me. Most restaurants have something that fits in a balanced diet, and if you know ahead of time you can research the menu and have a plan going in.

I also get annoyed when I am out to eat with people who have a million questions about how the food is prepared and ask for 10 different substitutes essentially making up their own menu. I think it’s hard on the employees of the establishment. If I know I am going out ahead of time I research the menu and I may call at an off time if I have questions about preparation, then when I go, I just order like a normal person lol. I already know what fits and what doesn’t. If it’s a spur of the moment the. I fall back on a grilled protein and veggie with a side salad, eat half and take half home.

I think it’s fair to expect support, but I can’t expect my friends and family to be as invested in it as me and make it the center of their world.

I have found in most cases that when people are annoyed it’s because I’ve strayed past that line.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am terribly annoying. My husband is a saint. Nothing to do with dieting though. :D
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yep. Noone wants to hear about my workout routine as much as I want to talk about it.