weight loss is like the weather

Options

It has occurred to me that this is a good way of understanding the oft used statement 'weight loss is not linear'

From end of summer to middle of winter, weather gets progressively cooler. I'm sure nobody disagrees with that.

But we don't expect every single day to be cooler than the one before - we just expect the trend to be downward.

same thing with weight loss.

Today's profound thought from paperpudding B):*;):p

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    great analogy! <3
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Ah very true!!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Hehe very accurate for my current weight trend.

We've been going from sub-zero with snow to nearly 20°C and Spring within days. And back again.

My weight has been all over the place as well due to water retention and dumps (I love my meds... no really I do... :neutral: )
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Hmm... here it would mean every day is rubbish and stormy :D Based on my minor knowledge on weather patterns in NW Europe I'm afraid the weather will remain rubbish, wet, stormy and not particularly warm until the end of summer. :D On the other hand it means there's no need to get into bikini shape and to simply take one step at a time without rushing.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    This would be like @paperpudding being confronted with a buffet line up of salad choices that feature increasingly larger quantities of cucumbers, except that once every few salads there's one without any cucumber!!!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Hmm... here it would mean every day is rubbish and stormy :D Based on my minor knowledge on weather patterns in NW Europe I'm afraid the weather will remain rubbish, wet, stormy and not particularly warm until the end of summer. :D On the other hand it means there's no need to get into bikini shape and to simply take one step at a time without rushing.

Heh. I loved OP's post once I read it, but my first thought upon seeing the title was "too cold?", "often disappointing?".

;-)

Mainly because I was out for a while this morning and it was colder than I expected (upper 20s F, so below 0 C). To be fair it's sunny, and supposed to be great tomorrow.
  • yirara
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »

Heh. I loved OP's post once I read it, but my first thought upon seeing the title was "too cold?", "often disappointing?".

;-)

Mainly because I was out for a while this morning and it was colder than I expected (upper 20s F, so below 0 C). To be fair it's sunny, and supposed to be great tomorrow.

I sometimes tend to write what I think :D Comes with being slightly on the spectrum <3
    But yeah, this part of Europe is doomed this year: a hot, long summer is usually followed by a rainy, warm winter and a pretty *kitten* rest of the year. The same is true for the winter/spring following an El Nino year, which was a fact in late 2019 = doubl-y doomed. Farmers will possibly be happy though. Unless it rains too much. :#
  • yirara
    Options
    Right, now I'm subscribing to this thread. Do keep on posting interesting, or downright funny stuff please :D
  • PAV8888
    Options
    It seems the anti cucumber contingent is out in force since currently four people support @paperpudding 's anti-cucumber slant while, to add insult to injury, a single person disagrees with my support for the humble cucumber!

I only have one word to add to this conflagration: pickles!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    Well, 2 people found my cucumber wars post inspiring.

Which I guess I should take as a compliment - but not quite sure what it has inspired them to do :o

* has images of anti cucumber vigilantes protesting at salad bars and market gardens. B);):)
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just here to say I like cucumbers🙋
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Well, my aged friend @paperpudding I hate to have to point out that while I was inspired by your post, and marked it so, the people you referenced found your anti cucumber position insightful, which may or may not have inspired them!

However, I have to admit that I was actually inspired by the Queen of Hearts 😻 coming out in support of the humble and inoffensive cucumber! In a salad, no less, what's not to like?!! 🤷‍♂️
  • Iamthekateanator
    Iamthekateanator Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is good! I'm working towards not being so emotional about seeing changes or not seeing changes, or about mess ups. If I'm in a car on a trip, I want to keep on going in the right direction even if the weather seems bad consistently.. turning back and then forward and back again I'll never drive past the storm!
    ALSO... I want cucumbers with western dressing now. But it's so sugary! And I want pickles too, because cucumber made me think pickle.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Well, my aged friend @paperpudding I hate to have to point out that while I was inspired by your post, and marked it so, the people you referenced found your anti cucumber position insightful, which may or may not have inspired them!

However, I have to admit that I was actually inspired by the Queen of Hearts 😻 coming out in support of the humble and inoffensive cucumber! In a salad, no less, what's not to like?!! 🤷‍♂️

Always...i heart cucumbers in any form and with any and everything 😋
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options

oh yes oops, 2 people, one of whom was Pav, found my post insightful, not inspiring.

Personally think it was neither and people might of been searching for a ridiculous or absurd emoticon :D

Still, glad to hear no vigilantes inspired to attack salad bars or market gardens. B)

I think Ive just derailed my own threadm1809.gif

• yirara
    Options
    I actually like cucumber. Though I don’t like salads. Tsatsiki, raita, etc just need it
  • yirara
    Options

oh yes oops, 2 people, one of whom was Pav, found my post insightful, not inspiring.

Personally think it was neither and people might of been searching for a ridiculous or absurd emoticon :D

Still, glad to hear no vigilantes inspired to attack salad bars or market gardens. B)

I think Ive just derailed my own threadm1809.gif

This, sir or madam is inspiring! Being able to derail ones one thread deserves nothing short of admiration.