June 2011 Bride and Ready to get back to myself!

Options
Hey friends. I'm going to be getting married June 2011 and it's about time I get my butt in shape. I used to be a size 6 my senior year of high school and now being 24 I'm up to a size 16. I have gotten comfortable and the daily doings of being an adult have caused me to lack on taking care of myself. I would love to make friends with people on here. The more support the better! I'm a special ed teacher and I love what I do. I want to be a role model for my students and teach them to take care of themselves. I can't wait to start getting healthy!!

Replies

• fluffy21
    fluffy21 Posts: 25
    Options
    hey girl! good luck with accomplishing your goals.
    this site is awesome for getting support and keeping track of everything!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats on the wedding! I started out on here with 60 pounds to lose and a size 16, so I can definitely relate to what you want to do. Right now, I'm down to a size 12 and 31 pounds, halfway to my goal! It's great that you're starting this journey now when you have 11 months to the wedding, that's plenty of time to reach your goal in a healthy way so you look fabulous! Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm happy to help you get to your goal :)
  • scarletjg
    scarletjg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ohhh a fellow bride to be! Good, maybe we can work on this together. My wedding is August 2011 and I want to lose 100 lbs by then! Maybe we can do special challenged once a week or something until our weddings roll around. Have you found your dress yet? I'm not even looking until Christmas because I don't want to have to try on size 18 wedding gowns.
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, You have 1 year to work at your weight loss, you are doing the right thing by taking control of your eating. Starvation diets are just so unrealistic and unhealthy too. Are you working out as well? A well balanced diet and a fitness routine will guarantee that you'll meet your goals!

Forgive me for being rude, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :-)
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm a September 2012 bride. Started as a 16 lost 17lbs and am still between a 14-16.:noway: I think youll love this place.
  • vdubteach23
    Options
    I really love this site. I've started a forum for brides helping motivate each other so we can lose the weight and get healthy. Anyone feel free to join!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/108886-get-fit-brides