Motivation...where are you?

jpaw1002
jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Well..here we go again on my journey. Make this try number 3450495...but whose counting right? :wink:

I lost a good amount of weight earlier in the year and now I seem to have gained it all back. I can't stay motivated and I can't stay focused. Yes a lot is going on in my life but who doesn't have a lot going on?

I'm upset w/ myself that I let myself get back to a state that I said I wouldn't go to again...yet here we are. :explode:

One of my good friends told me yesterday that I was going to be one of her bridesmaids for her wedding in Feburary... gives me 6months to get back into shape and to help spark my journey again. It got a little bit easier now that the boyfriend runs 5ks too. But making it an every week thing hasn't happened yet. Like I said i quickly lose focus and motivation. I've just been so tired & groggy lately. I'm trying to get back on my vitamin regamin & hope that helps..

What I need are some good ideas on how to stay positive & motivated. Maybe even good tips on work outs & some reciepies for food ideas if you guys have them. My boyfriend is a chef so he cooks amazing food....not all of it is amazingly healthy though. lol.

But I know I can do this. Because I've done it before....I just lose that light at the end of the tunnel...

If you are also looking for new friends feel free to add me!

Jpaw

Replies

• yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    I have been exactly where you are. I have lost count on how many times I have done a DO-OVER. But the same is with me. I have been asked last month to be the maid of honor in my best friends wedding next September and I have gained 35lbs since my wedding 2 years ago. I want to be hot in her wedding and I want my husband to not even notice the bride the whole time we are there. I don't want his eyes off me. :smile:

My husband is a runner and I am trying to become a runner. I have ran a few 5k's one 10k, a 25K and this Oct I am doing my 1st 1/2 marathon. (I am only up to 6 miles non stop) I heard running is the fastest way to lose the weight.

Feel free to add me. I logg on every day. (i keep trying to log all my foods. I know that is the key to this journey, my husband does) I motivate as much as I can as well. And I keep my diary open.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Motivation comes from within yourself. Period.
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    I have been exactly where you are. I have lost count on how many times I have done a DO-OVER. But the same is with me. I have been asked last month to be the maid of honor in my best friends wedding next September and I have gained 35lbs since my wedding 2 years ago. I want to be hot in her wedding and I want my husband to not even notice the bride the whole time we are there. I don't want his eyes off me. :smile:

My husband is a runner and I am trying to become a runner. I have ran a few 5k's one 10k, a 25K and this Oct I am doing my 1st 1/2 marathon. (I am only up to 6 miles non stop) I heard running is the fastest way to lose the weight.

Feel free to add me. I logg on every day. (i keep trying to log all my foods. I know that is the key to this journey, my husband does) I motivate as much as I can as well. And I keep my diary open.

haha yeah i hear you on this!! yeah I want my boyfriend to think the same thing. & great job on losing what you have & doing a 1/2 marathon!! thats awesome! my mom is trying to do her first to! I've done plenty of 5ks. 10ks. and one 15k for the gate river run. Its not always easy but yeah it helped me lose a lot of weight the last time. good luck on your journey!
This discussion has been closed.