Rambling

Options
nasr25
nasr25 Posts: 214 Member
Been taking it slow and trying to figure out why my past attempts have ended in failure. Tbh I think I was dealing and still am dealing with losing my brother. I might be depressed even though I am happy. I know that sounds weird but what I mean is that even though I am happy I could be suppressing some emotions that I never dealt with. Even though I might be dealing with this I believe what really has caused me to fail is my eagerness to go back to the way life has been. I start a diet put everything into it by restricting soo much and workout like crazy out the gate that no matter how much weight I lose I can’t be happy cause I feel like crap and give up. So from now on I am gonna treat this as a permanent thing. If I restrict myself from something I have to ask myself will I be able to do this for the rest of my life if the answer is yes then I will do it. If the answer is no I will not force myself. I am currently 287 pounds and was 300. At my best few years ago I was 190 pounds. I am a male 27 years old and 5’ 11” just to give you an idea what I was putting myself through I was eating 1500-1800 calories and working out 30-40 minutes everyday. Now I am eating like 2200 and not working out and still losing weight. You really are your worst enemy.. thanks for reading my rambling.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,165 Member
    Options
    nasr25 wrote: »
    Been taking it slow and trying to figure out why my past attempts have ended in failure. Tbh I think I was dealing and still am dealing with losing my brother. I might be depressed even though I am happy. I know that sounds weird but what I mean is that even though I am happy I could be suppressing some emotions that I never dealt with. Even though I might be dealing with this I believe what really has caused me to fail is my eagerness to go back to the way life has been. I start a diet put everything into it by restricting soo much and workout like crazy out the gate that no matter how much weight I lose I can’t be happy cause I feel like crap and give up. So from now on I am gonna treat this as a permanent thing. If I restrict myself from something I have to ask myself will I be able to do this for the rest of my life if the answer is yes then I will do it. If the answer is no I will not force myself. I am currently 287 pounds and was 300. At my best few years ago I was 190 pounds. I am a male 27 years old and 5’ 11” just to give you an idea what I was putting myself through I was eating 1500-1800 calories and working out 30-40 minutes everyday. Now I am eating like 2200 and not working out and still losing weight. You really are your worst enemy.. thanks for reading my rambling.

This sounds like a really good plan. Finding a permanent, happy, calorie-appropriate way of eating was how I approached weight loss, too. Now in year 4+ of maintenance at a healthy weight, after several previous decades of obesity, so I think it can work. :)

Wishing you great success!
  • nasr25
    nasr25 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thank you