Does anyone else find it so boring and uninspiring to keep track of all your meals/calories.

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    not when i first started and had a weight loss to meet, i actually enjoyed doing so then but, once i did meet my goal and was just maintaining my weight, i did end up getting blah about logging everything and just stopped doing so...bad move cause i am now back to lose them 24lbs all over again cause well my eyes and brain weren’t very good at keeping myself in check like logging my meals here was.. Don’t give up, yes at first it is tedious & kinda boring doing so but, once you get your repeat foods & repeat meals logged in, it’s not that bad to log everyday, especially since you can use the quick tool and copy from your prior days to help speed things along..
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Logging definitely takes far less time than it did way back in the beginning. I find it provides the extra bit of accountability that I need.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It’s a habit you have to form. It’s not fun but it really helps me see things I need to work on or whether I can make room for something that’s a s of treat. More you do it more you learn the tricks
  • stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like closing out my diary at night and it telling me what I may weigh in 5 weeks.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I find it interesting, and it hardly takes anytime at all. Also, I weigh everything in Metric units, so I finally am getting a good understanding of the Metric System,
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    To each their own. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Logging doesn’t bother me in the least beyond being exhausting when my depression is bad. Take away that factor and I look forward to the sense of accomplishment.

What *does* get aggravating is having to prepare separate meals for Hubby & me in order to track accurately.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Boring is an interesting way to describe it. I never expected logging my food and figuring up calories to necessarily be "exciting" so the fact that it's a little boring was never a disappointment to me. Keeping a budget is not exciting, nor is paying bills or brushing my teeth but I do those anyway as well.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I find it exciting and inspiring after weighing myself every morning to know that I am able to maintain my weight by logging everything that I eat daily.

Thank you, MFP! :)
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I find it boring too so I stopped. But I eat in a predictable way so I do have a rough idea of the cals I’m consuming. I’m not trying to lose at the moment. I may go back to logging when I want to lose.