Pacific Islands... Fiji

Options
I am looking for friends from my region... only because it's so hard to relate to diaries where half the food isnt available in my country..

So please add me if you're from Fiji or any of the tiny Pacific Island nations..

About me..
Back on the MFP wagon after lapse of 12mths... really need motivation as am struggling after 6weeks.. would love to share food diary and tips..

Replies

• Preciousreshus
    Preciousreshus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump..
  • Preciousreshus
    Options
    Bump.again
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    You have been on MFP for a long time. Out of curiosity, which of the varied tribal dishes or internationally influenced dishes do you consume daily? Are you meatcentric or vegetarian/vegan centric?

Clearly, I see you are of Indian descent and not a native, which may or may not influence your dietary preferences especially in Fiji where Hindus are vegans and Muslims & Christians eat meat.

Eta: From my vantage point, I see that you will still find logging disparities @Pacific vs International.

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I am looking for friends from my region... only because it's so hard to relate to diaries where half the food isnt available in my country..

So please add me if you're from Fiji or any of the tiny Pacific Island nations..

About me..
    Back on the MFP wagon after lapse of 12mths... really need motivation as am struggling after 6weeks.. would love to share food diary and tips..

Bula vinaka, Malo e lelei, Talofa, Ia Ora na and welcome back to MFP Resh! As an indigenous Pacific-islander who is India-born, I am well aware of the distinct differences between foreign-influenced dishes to the region [eg British [+ AUS/NZ/Can], French, Asia-Eastern, Asia-SE, Asia-South, Asia-West Vs Pacifica tribal cuisine Vs 1st World staples and palate-preferences, knowing from experience having grown up in the islands in my early years, that what wasn't normatively available would be ordered [imported] for my family for example via most local operators.

At seeing your plight, you must first accept that to reach your immediate and long-term goals, you'll need to be especially mindful of the fact that Myfitnesspal is as flexible and will be as efficient as you're committed to putting in the labour, by adding "your unique" ingredients Vs opting for what's been added already.
  • Preciousreshus
    Options
    So glad to see your post!! I hear you about adding my unique ingredients to mfp...only problem is, I sometimes have no idea of the nutritional contents... but for other like my regular island favorites..I search long and hard for similar foods..
    Thank you for the add... Let's do this!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    You're most welcome. Post the Island term of the ingredient here and we shall assist you with locating it here or from the USDA food database.