Looking to lose the weight and forget keep it off

Options
mnsith
mnsith Posts: 2 Member
I am a 38 year old male from Bemidji MN and struggling to lose weight.
I keep saying the old saying
I’ll start tomorrow.
my ultimate goal is to lose 10 pounds a month and be 70 lbs lighter before October 1
I lost over 140 lbs last year but gains like 40 back tried to start again but depression takes over and old habits die hard.
I am setting a goal to eat between 1500-2000 calories a day and do 100 sit-ups a day and walk at least an hour 3 times a week and hope I see results.
I’m really looking for motivation and new friends even on here
I don’t have many people online or in person that is motivated so it seems.
Would love to have someone around me to walk with, hike, workout or anything ?
So would love to make new friends here and anywhere :)
Add me if u want or comment or anything
Just need to hear from positive people that have goals and that are motivated.
Thanks

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    mnsith wrote: »
    I am a 38 year old male from Bemidji MN and struggling to lose weight.
    I keep saying the old saying
    I’ll start tomorrow.
    my ultimate goal is to lose 10 pounds a month and be 70 lbs lighter before October 1
    I lost over 140 lbs last year but gains like 40 back tried to start again but depression takes over and old habits die hard.
    I am setting a goal to eat between 1500-2000 calories a day and do 100 sit-ups a day and walk at least an hour 3 times a week and hope I see results.
    I’m really looking for motivation and new friends even on here
    I don’t have many people online or in person that is motivated so it seems.
    Would love to have someone around me to walk with, hike, workout or anything ?
    So would love to make new friends here and anywhere :)
    Add me if u want or comment or anything
    Just need to hear from positive people that have goals and that are motivated.
    Thanks

If you have trouble starting today it may be because you are trying to do too much. All you need is to eat less food than your body requires in a day. Go for the easiest daily win you can get. Build on that win to add more ways to win in a day as you can.

When I stopped trying to force weight loss and I just allowed it to happen it made all the difference for me. I just made each day my goal and I allowed the weight loss to take care of itself. If I did poorly in a day I could try to make the next day another win.

Be kind to yourself and do away with the time specific goal and a 2.5 pound week rate of loss. Make it easier. There is nothing wrong with easy especially in weight loss because it has enough hard parts. Allow MFP to set you an appropriate calorie goal. 1500 - 2000 is a big range and 1500 can really suck if you are trying to be more active too.

You can do this.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Depression can certainly lead to slipping into old habits and gaining weight, but I also wonder if you restricted too much. Your goal to lose 10lbs. a month may be reasonable at first but not necessarily the entire time. Will the habits you build to lose those 70lbs in 7 months be sustainable for you and set you up for maintenance? Only you can answer that question.

Like @NovusDies said, you might benefit from starting small and building for there.
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Put forth 100% of your effort into accomplishing and building new habits, ONE at a time. You'll be more successful in the long term. Also, switch your mind frame from the 'I'm hoping'. It's not about hoping, it's about just doing. You got this!