Perpetual meat sweats

Options
I've been dealing with something like meat sweats for about a month. The thing is, it happens multiple times per day regardless of type of food, macros, temperature, time, or spiciness of the meal. I ate a cheese stick and Goldfish a moment ago and I just had a hot flash and light sweating. I have a doctor's appointment for next week (made it 3 weeks ago) so I will address it there.

Has anyone else had something like this? What was it and how did you deal with it? It's super annoying.

Thanks.

Replies

• Michellelynn219
    Michellelynn219 Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Do you mean, night sweats? Yes, I get them. How old are you (if you don't mind) I am 52. I started getting them a few months ago randomly during the day as well as during sleep. I invested in a light weight tower fan with a remote. I bring wherever I am sitting so I can turn it on or off as needed. It has helped. You may need hormone replacement. I am riding it out.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I think the OP means meal sweats as in a hot flash reaction to food eaten.

I can't help. Hope the doctor finds an easy solution.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I'm also wondering how old you are - they could be a sign of menopause and completely unrelated to what you're eating.

I'm 53 and have yet to have a hot flash. It may be related to my long use of Black Cohosh plus Dong Quai, or I could be doomed to not go through menopause until very very late. :s

This is the brand I use: https://smile.amazon.com/NOW-Black-Cohosh-Capsules-Pack/dp/B001F0R6LA/ref=sr_1_2
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Menopause? That's what it sounds like to me.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Do you mean, night sweats? Yes, I get them. How old are you (if you don't mind) I am 52. I started getting them a few months ago randomly during the day as well as during sleep. I invested in a light weight tower fan with a remote. I bring wherever I am sitting so I can turn it on or off as needed. It has helped. You may need hormone replacement. I am riding it out.
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm also wondering how old you are - they could be a sign of menopause and completely unrelated to what you're eating.

I'm 53 and have yet to have a hot flash. It may be related to my long use of Black Cohosh plus Dong Quai, or I could be doomed to not go through menopause until very very late. :s

This is the brand I use: https://smile.amazon.com/NOW-Black-Cohosh-Capsules-Pack/dp/B001F0R6LA/ref=sr_1_2

All day sweats after meals specifically.

I'm 44 and have a Mirena, so no more cycles since June of last year. I thought about perimenopause myself but my cycles have stopped completely.