Anyone in here currently pregnant?

Options
2»

Replies

• Natashadb
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am also pregnant. About 8 weeks. I am not going to try to lose weight, but just keep healthy and gain the bare minimum. With my 1st I ate everything in sight and didn't excersize at all!

I am happy to see there are others in the same boat!
  • npattersonoffarrel
    Options
    I am 11 weeks along and I am more focused on eating right and I have lost weight and I think that is ok I go see my doctor on wednesday so hopefully he agrees LOL :)
  • Dunsirn
    Dunsirn Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I look pregnant!!!

dammit, you beat me to the cheap gag.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am 11 weeks along and I am more focused on eating right and I have lost weight and I think that is ok I go see my doctor on wednesday so hopefully he agrees LOL :)

If your diary is anything to go off I'm pretty sure he won't agree it's ok to only eat 800 cals while pregnant :noway:
  • flutterbug123
    flutterbug123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 11 weeks with my 3rd :)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Currently pregnant, but only just found out and am not due until June next year. Sounds like, if you have not had the baby yet, you will soon.
    Hope all goes well and you can add me if you'd like.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Im currently 11 weeka pregnant tomorrow. I get my internet turned back on along with my cable on monday so I will definitely be onmore then. Hvae gained only 3 lbs so far but I think a lot of that is lack of restroom using (lol sorry for the tmi) . I am overweight to begin with so I have been told 10-15lbs with this lo. My son is 6 and ivr been working hard to drop weight and be more active with him...see where that gets me...lol. my husband has been asking for years for another one so I guess the time is now and ill just continue my work outs after this one is born.
  • laurenb1994
    laurenb1994 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby on October the 11th and I'm looking to shed my baby weight. Currently 17lbs to get back to my pre-preg weight! I wasn't very healthy during the latter part of the pregnancy which meant I put on a lot more than I'd have liked to (though I was lucky at the beginning as I was craving fruit and cereal! I also had bad sickness from 7-21 weeks so I was eating less during that time anyway).

Feel free to friend request!

Congrats on the pregnancy too!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    37 WEEKS....I STARTED OUT OVERWEIGHT BY ABOUT 20 POUNDS, SO I WANTED TO TRY TO KEEP THE WEIGHT IN CHECK BY HEALTHY EATING AND EXERCISE. I'VE PROBBALY GAINED ABOUT 20 POUNDS, AND 8 OF IT WAS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS :( GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!! I WILL BE BUSTING MY BUTT AFTER RECOVERY TO TRY TO GET BACK DOWN TO THE WEIGHT I WAS BEFORE I GOT PREGNNAT WITH MY LAST BABY!!!!
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I'm 12+5 weeks pregnant. I've gained A LOT so far. More than I should have in my first trimester but I was so nauseous and the only food that stayed down was fast food burgers and sugary things. I'm trying to stall my weight-gain for a little bit by eating health and exercising (mostly walking, elliptical, and cycling). I'm getting married 12 weeks after my EDD so I'll be busting my *kitten* after my baby is born to get my weight back down to fit into my wedding gown.

This is my first pregnancy and my pre-pregnancy weight was 205lbs and I am now a whopping 224lbs. Yep... I gained almost 20lbs my first trimester because of being inactive and eating like crap since it was the only thing that stayed down. Trying to lose a few pounds and/or stall for a while.
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am also pregnant and trying to stay healthy throughout my pregnancy!

I will be 17 weeks pregnant on Saturday, so far my gain has been slow, hoping to keep it that way and hoping to be able to maintain my current weight if at all possible (I am overweight, doctor said I could gain 11-15 lbs, and maintain.).
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am 36 weeks, 5 days along and feeling pretty good about the progress I've made so far! I've only gained 15 pounds and now just patiently (ok, not that patient, lol) waiting her arrival (:

Congrats to everyone on the pregnancies (and new babies, as well!)!
  • coolaid739
    Options
    I'm 26 weeks with baby #6. While this has by far been the easiest pregnancy, I'm super frustrated with my weight gain. I work out 3-4 times a week doing 40-50 minutes of zumba. I eat a vegetarian , low gluten diet. My calorie intake daily is under 2100 and yet I have gained 20 lbs so far, with the worst weight gain yet to come. I wish i could figure out what I'm doing wrong because I feel like I'm doing all this work for nothing.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    No, but people have asked me when I am due.
    It hurts my feelings, being a man and all.
  • ashay27
    ashay27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 14 weeks pregnant! I had a rough first trimester: first I lost five pounds due to morning sickness and then I got mono! So then I couldn't eat much due to the sore throat and lack of appetite. Currently, I'm 9 lbs below what I was when I first learned I was pregnant, but I read online that it is okay and the Dr. didn't seem concerned at all. I bet that some of that weight loss is from losing muscle due to the laying around from having mono...hopefully I'll get more energy soon and can get more exercise for my health and the baby's. I just started tracking my food again to make sure I was getting all of the nutrients needed and I didn't realize, but it is really hard to get the calories recommended on here while eating healthy for the baby! Do any of you struggle with this too?

Anyway, what have been some of your favorite go-to foods? I've been obsessed with beans and rice, salads, and homemade cookies!!!
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm expecting my 4th in June. With my first child I had gestational diabetes and gained 45lbs!!! With my second child, I got educated about health and nutrition and only gained 12lbs (I was still overweight, so I didn't need to gain much). My third child was a linebacker from conception, so despite my best efforts, he put about 35lbs on me. I want to stay active and eat well and do my best to provide a healthy start for this baby. I'm planning a home birth (my 3rd one), so a healthy pregnancy is particularly important. I'd L.O.V.E. more pregnant MFP friends.
  • meganpwood
    meganpwood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I just had my first baby Nov 1. I had lost 40lbs (half way to my goal) when I found out I was pregnant. It was really hard to stop focusing on counting every bite, but by generally improving what I ate I managed to only gain about 10lbs the first six months. Even though I had a completely healthy pregnancy, my doctor took me off work at seven months and that caused me to gain another 15lbs in the last two months. But when all was said and done, I had a perfect 6lb baby and left the hospital 10lbs lighter and now almost two weeks later, I've lost another 10lbs with hardly any effort. (Which is suprising, since I coudln't even breastfeed). Your body will put on weight just from water retention, extra blood and fluids and alot of this will come off naturally after birth.

Moral of the story is don't stress too much about a little weight gain during pregnancy. The body does a pretty wonderful thing and you need to give it the resources to make it happen. You'll have lots of time later to work off any excess, but don't put your baby in danger by doing too much during pregnancy. Stay active as long as you can and eat relatively well... and sometimes just have what you want to have!

(PS would love to friend other new mum's since I'm new here :)