A little help

Options
I’m trying to get this last bit of belly fat. I run about 40 miles a week, do a to of crunches and I’m tightening up my diet.

Any other tips for getting that lower level of fat around the abs off?

d3nuh5ids52a.jpeg

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Leave it, you need it!

My feedback is that your abs are not as developed as they could be, particularly your obliques. Instead of losing weight (which probably will not be particularly healthy), you could develop your abs more.

But, make sure you're having a good time!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Read about "recomp." (There are a few good threads in the forums, if you search.) I don't think you need to lose any more weight, so much as you appear to want to exchange muscle for fat. So strength training to build and maintain muscle, and eat at maintenance calories with good protein balance to grow muscle while using fat as fuel for your workouts and growth.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You may need to lose a bit of body fat. As said already maintain a daily caloric deficit but stay healthy to keep the muscle you have.

I have two exercises to recommend.

Do the Stability ball pullover Hypertrophy exercise seen at 4:30 in this video. Pick a weight that is heavy enough that you are almost at failure by 25 reps. Use the full range of motion. All the way over and just past your beltline.

http://youtube.com/user/jdcav24

Add push-ups. Seriously. Make sure you butt is tucked and your tummy pulled in. All the way to your rib cage. Do as many as you can each set. Do them every day.