Calling all ladies..How many calories do you consume?

Options
How many calories do you consume?

Hoping to get some feedback on what is working for you. I am so lost on what is the proper amount of calories I should be consuming for weight-loss.
Currently, I am following the suggested calories from MFP = 1200 + exercise. I also have at least 1 ‘cheat day’ a week, maybe two.

I workout 5-6 days a week (just finished Insanity). I have about 45lbs to go.

What’s your stats:
Daily Calorie intake
Workouts
Weight loss goals

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    Heavy lifting 3x a week
    Not sure - 40lb loss? 50? Just going to go until I'm happy.

You need to eat more.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Calories : 1680
    Cardio 5x a week for 20mins
    I still have 45lbs to lose.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Age - 25
    Height - 5 foot 4 inches
    Daily cal intake - 1300 + workout cals
    Workouts - I do 30-40 mins on stationary bike 5-6 times per week and have just started incorporating weight lifting!
    Weight loss goals - SW- 154lbs , CW-138lbs, GW-126lbs
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Age 33
    Height 5'7.5" , 158lbs
    Daily Calorie intake Base of 2730, with exercise up to 4000
    Workouts Lifting heavy 3-5 times a week, some running and a LOT of walking
    Weight loss goals Currently bulking, but even while losing weight was eating 2000-3000 calories a day
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    GW: 120 lbs. (small frame), CW: 127 lbs.
    Maintenance: 1750 at CW, currently consuming this much as I feel hungry nowadays; On normal basis when busy, I consume 1450 calories.
    Not regular, but calisthenics and bodyweight exercises; Soon to incorporate aerobic dance 3x a week or maybe more, basic cardio (walks)
    To be fitter than I was at a lower weight- I can already feel that I'm more fit at this higher weight than I was at a lower steady weight of 124, which already pleases me.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    1485 + eating back most exercise calories
    Run 3x week, Strength 2x week
    Very close to goal/about 5 lbs away

I calculated my TDEE at no exercise level and took that number minus 20% for my calorie goal. Since I calculated it without exercise, I eat most of my exercise calories back.

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing by the suggested MFP 1200+ exercise calories you mean you set it up for 2 lbs per week?

The first 6 months of my weight loss, I averaged 1850 calories and went from around 230 to around 200 lbs. I was doing home workouts, starting with exercise bike then workout DVDs.

The next 6 months, I averaged 1600 and went from around 200 to around 170. My weight was lower so my TDEE was lower and so I ate less. Exercise was about the same.

The next 6 months, I averaged 1800 and went from around 170 to around 140. I joined the gym and started lifting and I ate more.

It's been a year since then, and I've averaged around 1975 and lost about 10 lbs. (close to maintenance calories)

ETA I forgot this part:

Age 29
    Height 5'3.75"
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What’s your stats:
    Age - 46
    Height - 5'4"
    Daily Calorie intake - 1570
    Workouts - Swimming and walking only for now due to medical issues
    Weight loss goals - to lose 150 lbs
    * Weight loss so far - 21 lbs*
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    64 yrs., about five ft. four and a half inches, weight about 169, goal a size 12, calories set at 1700, I usually eat over 1500 but under 1700, and I do a good deal of gardening, landscaping and farm work.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7
    Daily Calorie intake: 1900-2100
    Workouts: Heavy lifting 3x/week, sometimes 1-2x light cardio
    Weight loss goals : looking to lose 82 more pounds, more concerned with getting to 22-24% BF

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • iamdominique
    Options
    height: 5'9"
    weight: 155
    daily cal: 1800-2000
    workouts: heavy lifting 3x per week + running 3x per week
    weight loss goals: I want to maintain my weight (I'm in a healthy weight range already), but gain muscle and lose fat (basically tone up)

My suggested intake was 1200 +exercise originally as well and I tried it at first but I was too hungry all the time. Did some research, changed my method and manually set my intake on my diary. I used TDEE method. (calculate TDEE and -20%)

You can calculate TDEE here :http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

You should definitely be eating more food. Also with respect to cheating, I say if you eat healthy 80% of the time and do whatever the other 20% you're still doing pretty darn good.
  • KylieJordan16
    KylieJordan16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 146
    Daily cal: 1500 + some exercise calories
    Workouts: 4 mile runs 5x per week and strenght training pre-Insanity. Now on week 2 of Insanity and LOVE it
    Goals: I have dropped from 183lbs to 146lbs running + eating healthy. Now I want to focus on losing body fat and also up my endurance for long runs.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    How about calculate what YOUR body needs? I'll be happy to help if you want to PM me your age, height, weight, estimated BF% if you know it and what your job/workout schedule is now. If you don't want me all up in your biznass, then check out this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet . It is extremely helpful and will walk you through calculating your daily calorie goal. :flowerforyou:

But to answer your question....

Weight: 158
    Daily Cals: Average 2,600 per day
    Workouts: Lift heavy 3x per week, that is all
    Weight Loss Goal: None, I train to get stronger and to just be and feel awesome
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5
    Weight 149
    Daily cals 1400 + exercise calories, and some weeks i calorie cycle (as long as the weekly goal is met)
    Workouts: 5x/week Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 or 30 Day shred
    Goals, i have already lost 14 lbs, and i want to lost another 10 at least. My ultimate goal is to have a flat stomach and seriously considering starting heavy lifting.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Daily Calorie intake: Now around 1900, when I was trying to lose 1500-1700
    Workouts: spin, running, heavy lifting (NROLFW), crossfit, insanity, P90X
    Weight loss goals: I'm in maintenance for the past few years. Lost about 15 lbs in early 2011.
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    height: 5' 7
    weight: 180
    daily cal: 1550-1650
    workouts: cardio and strength 3x a week

Also, no free days. If I'm going to eat something high in calories, I will do it on a high calorie burn day.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Height: 5'0

Daily Calorie intake: Between 1300-1500

Workouts:
    - Run about 6-7 days a week (2+ miles most days, speed work once a week & a long run 6+ miles once a week)
    - Strength training 4 times a week (40 min-1 hour sessions at the gym twice a week + post-run stretch/core workout twice a week)

Weight loss goals:
    - Being ready for my marathons
    - Losing the last 3-5 vanity pounds
    - Staying active to improve my health and mental well being, overall mood, etc
    - Keeping sustainable, good, healthy habits
  • AccioHotBod
    AccioHotBod Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Age 33
    Height 5'7.5" , 158lbs
    Daily Calorie intake Base of 2730, with exercise up to 4000
    Workouts Lifting heavy 3-5 times a week, some running and a LOT of walking
    Weight loss goals Currently bulking, but even while losing weight was eating 2000-3000 calories a day

You are truly inspirational! My goal is to one day eat/look like you!

Age 25
    Height 5'6
    Weight 143
    Calories: 1400 (not including exercise days)
    Workout: Currently doing insanity. Would like to start lifting weights after this round
    Hoping to lose another 15lbs, but it really depends on my body composition and %bf
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    5'6ish
    Heavy lifting 3X/week, cardio 2X/week, sports for fun
    I've lost 61.5 pounds so far, from 253lbs to 191.5 pounds. I would like to get down to at least 170 pounds, as I think that would be an ideal weight for my body composition/lean body mass. However, my main goals are getting stronger and decreasing my body fat percentage as I do.
  • catmarch4
    catmarch4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Height : 5' 9"
    Daily Calorie intake: While trying to lose.....1200
    Workouts: Light weights 3xweek, low-impact aerobics 4xweek
    Weight loss goals: lose 25 lbs, from 160 to 135

ONLY 1200 cals, NOT plus exercise cals. When I follow this regimen I lose about 2 lbs a week.