Macros / calories help

Evening all, I have started a low carb macro plan however am I ok to be over/under 10g of either protein/carbs/fats? Also, what if my calorie intake is slightly over but I am within 10gs of p/c/f? I am only over by 50 cals for the day. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If you don't have a medical reason to limit carbohydrates, nothing bad is going to happen if you're off a goal by 10g of anything.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Kinda depends on what the point of your plan is. Generally speaking, there isn't going to be a noticeable difference between 10g's +/- on your macros or 50cals over your budget, but say for the sake of argument you are trying to go ketogenic, those 10g's may be enough to put you outside of it. Everything is personal.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    SabMarsh wrote: »
    Evening all, I have started a low carb macro plan however am I ok to be over/under 10g of either protein/carbs/fats? Also, what if my calorie intake is slightly over but I am within 10gs of p/c/f? I am only over by 50 cals for the day. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

If your goal is to lose weight, being in a calorie deficit is your first priority.
    Your macros are just a guide, you don't have to hit them spot on.
    If you have other reasons to be low-carb, the answer might be slightly different, though I can't imagine what difference 10g really would make for any goal, except for perhaps if you have a need to be in ketosis for some reason.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I do a 125g/125g/55g split and lose weight. I only roughly hit those numbers. I really don’t stress to much about it.