Starving when I don't workout

Options
I always stay under my calories when I workout and don't eat the exercise calories half the time I eat about 1700 if I don't eat the calories I burn. I have the hardest time when I don't workout. I so hungry and can get 2100 calories. What can I do to stop this?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is what you are eating that makes you hungry? Maybe try higher fiber snack, or put in more protein/ fat tp keep you full, suxlch as adding in avacado ( if i find im starving i add into my salad for eample or wrap etc half of a halfed avacado or even the whole half if i have enough calories) or even 1/4 cup pecans can do the trick
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm guessing the hunger is from not properly fueling workouts the day before.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,957 Member
    Options
    I am hungrier on days I don't exercise. I DO eat all the exercise calories, always.

My solution is to get some exercise. :lol:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm guessing the hunger is from not properly fueling workouts the day before.

Yes, this is my guess too. When I have a heavier workout, I'm always hungrier the day after. I imagine it could be even worse if I wasn't eating enough to fuel my activity.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Yes, this is my guess too. When I have a heavier workout, I'm always hungrier the day after. I imagine it could be even worse if I wasn't eating enough to fuel my activity.

It is pretty bad. I seldom struggle with hunger and when I was trying to gauge my activity and was guessing too low I had some significant hunger issues.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Exercise itself is an appetite suppressant. So if you’re training for an hour then that’s probably a good 2hrs of your day that you’re busy either getting ready, training, or getting changed after compared to non-exercise days when you might be sat down without such distractions and instead more aware of your hunger levels. Try being more active on your rest days or having a hobby to distract you?