My mother - she means well...

Options
2»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    raquelle69 wrote: »
    This all sounds curiously high strung and Gallic. Or British maybe. Next thing you know we’ll be counting in stones and calculating kilojoules for watercress sandwiches and warm lager.

OP tell us more about this Pig Pen section that you mention in these Weight Watchers meetings popular in your metric homeland...

😄😄 I live in Australia. The pig pen was a child's playpen that they had to sit in - on chairs ... in the 70's. I have a feeling the pigpen wasn't a weight watchers-approved deterant, but something they had initiated at this particular ww group.

I've heard about them being at other meetings too. It was before I ever went to one though. You had to make an oinking noise too if you were a pig that week. Unbelievable.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You know she is going to be a hassle about it. Don't tell her that you lost the weight or at the very least don't start the conversation. You telling her you lost weight is what prompted the how much you weigh question. If you don't want to talk about it with her don't start the conversation. Discuss something else instead.
  • raquelle69
    raquelle69 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    raquelle69 wrote: »
    This all sounds curiously high strung and Gallic. Or British maybe. Next thing you know we’ll be counting in stones and calculating kilojoules for watercress sandwiches and warm lager.

OP tell us more about this Pig Pen section that you mention in these Weight Watchers meetings popular in your metric homeland...

😄😄 I live in Australia. The pig pen was a child's playpen that they had to sit in - on chairs ... in the 70's. I have a feeling the pigpen wasn't a weight watchers-approved deterant, but something they had initiated at this particular ww group.

I've heard about them being at other meetings too. It was before I ever went to one though. You had to make an oinking noise too if you were a pig that week. Unbelievable.

Oh yes! She did mention the oinking!!
  • raquelle69
    raquelle69 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    You know she is going to be a hassle about it. Don't tell her that you lost the weight or at the very least don't start the conversation. You telling her you lost weight is what prompted the how much you weigh question. If you don't want to talk about it with her don't start the conversation. Discuss something else instead.

True. She will only know when the loss is visible.