Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

What’s your favourite music at the gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I'm a Baby Boomer. I grew up in the 60's, so I love the oldies like: Beatles, Mama's and Papa's, Beach Boys, Herman's Hermits, etc. I also like soundtracks of movies like "Funny Girl". I prefer music with a somewhat rapid beat so I will work harder when I am at the gym.
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Metallica and Justice for All or Mater of Puppets most of the time. Sometime I mix it up with SirusXM Octane or liquid metal channels.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Anything EDM. Armin Van Buuren, David Guetta, Markus Schulz, Cosmic Gate, Tiestö, Afrojack,
    Vini Vici just to name a few.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I’ve had to start listening to ambient/atmospheric/new-agey stuff (Dan Gibson, Jeremy Soule, etc) when I go to the gym. Found that the music one would usually expect at a gym was stressing me out, both as a distraction as well as feeding ocd behaviours.
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been doing classic rock workout mix lately. Like it pretty loud.
  • chsberthelot2934
    chsberthelot2934 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rock, like disturbed, breaking benjamin, shinedown, all that good stuff!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Who is the crumudgeon that disagreed with all the music posts they didn’t like? 🤣 Dear lord.
  • LionheartWest
    LionheartWest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It'll sound strange, but wrestling themes are great at the gym since they are designed to pump people up upon hearing them. For instance:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=n787HRDr5Zk
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    @gt0186b Seek and Distroy is on my weight lifting playlist, love that song! The whole Master of Puppets album is great, love early Metallica.