Am I doing enough?

Options
I sit at a desk all day and barely move for 8 hours/day. Then I have about a half hour to work out at the gym before I have to go home and make dinner for my family.

I drink a Premier Protein shake for breakfast, a cucumber with balsamic vinegar dressing for lunch, another Premier Protein shake for a snack then I go on the elliptical for 30 mins then have dinner which I'm trying to keep in small portions. Outside of the shakes, all I drink is black coffee and water. I'm trying to drop some belly fat/muffin top weight for the most part but I feel sort of lost when I go in to the gym so I just get the elliptical because it's easy on my knees and makes me drip sweat so I know I'm burning something. I would like suggestions on what has worked for others with a desk job, kids and a busy schedule?

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day and barely move for 8 hours/day. Then I have about a half hour to work out at the gym before I have to go home and make dinner for my family.

I drink a Premier Protein shake for breakfast, a cucumber with balsamic vinegar dressing for lunch, another Premier Protein shake for a snack then I go on the elliptical for 30 mins then have dinner which I'm trying to keep in small portions. Outside of the shakes, all I drink is black coffee and water. I'm trying to drop some belly fat/muffin top weight for the most part but I feel sort of lost when I go in to the gym so I just get the elliptical because it's easy on my knees and makes me drip sweat so I know I'm burning something. I would like suggestions on what has worked for others with a desk job, kids and a busy schedule?

eat real food instead of drinking your calories. get up early and exercise. ask about a free training session at the gym (to learn how to properly use weights) and drink lots of water.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

eat real food instead of drinking your calories. get up early and exercise. ask about a free training session at the gym (to learn how to properly use weights) and drink lots of water.

This. I probably eat your entire days worth of food by lunch. No need to starve yourself to lose weight or tone up. Invest in a few personal training sessions to learn how to do things properly, or invest in an exercise video, it'll at least get you started on some of the right moves. I get up at 5:15 every morning so I'm running by 5:30, I then do my weights in the evening. I used to work out for 1.5 hours a day while working full time and getting my masters, its definitely possible, you just have to change your schedule around.