Weight loss

URGENT HELP NEEDED
Currently wanting to drop approx 7kg I’m 5,2 weighing 57kg (9 stone) current training 4/5 days a week focus on heavy weights with added 20 mins cardio liss/ hit 3 times a week dropped cals to 1750 and don’t want to drop any lower how can I continue to lose weight I have dropped approx 4 pounds since lowering cals and adding cardio

Replies

• lucym0802
    lucym0802 Posts: 15 Member
    I have been 53kg in the past but had to drop to 1300 cals to maintain it, I have reverse dieted up to 2,300 cals and now dropped down slowly to 1750 to try build my metabolism but not much has changed
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    Over what period of time have you lost the 4 pounds?

With only 7kg (around 15.5lbs, for the imperial weights people), 0.5-1 pound a week would be a good, sensible weight loss rate. However, that rate can be difficult to visualize happening, within a context of normal daily water-weight and digestive-contents fluctuations (that aren't fat, so are irrelevant, but confusing).

Do you use a weight trending app? (Libra for Android, Happy Scale for iOS, Trendweight with a free Fitbit account (don't need to buy a device), Weightgrapher, others.) That can help sort out the fat-loss trend from the routine fluctuations, once you have a few weeks daily weights recorded in it.

You're already in the healthy BMI range for your height (around BMI 23), heading for the lower end (around BMI 20). That may be totally fine, but it suggests that a slow loss would help you with your goals for fitness (maybe muscle development/toning?), and minimize risks.

Best wishes!