5'7 200 lbs, looking to lose at least 60lbs

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I was wondering if there are people out there who have similar body types with the same goals, if so add me! Id like to take this journey with people in similar situations as me.
Im starting a 90 day challenge next week and I will be doin T25 (my first ever at home workout program)
Feel free to add me :smile:

Replies

• Determined82
    Determined82 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I'm 5'6" and started at 213. I'm currently at 188.6 right now. Still got a long way to go!
  • nickalow11
    nickalow11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    We're very similar, I'll add you!
  • Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 205lb but I'm 45 so know this is going to be hard! Plus I'm a chef so around food all the time! Exercise is going to be a big part of this I think.
  • mrsmccullough7
    Options
    hey im 5ft 7 and 178 lbs add me x

im starting my training again tonight after falling off the wagon after a friends wedding 3 weeks ago (no excuse )
  • beepaleo
    beepaleo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me those responding to this thread. I have similar goals.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am not your body type or weight, but I can suggest that you shoudl follow the T25 nutrition plans instead of MFP's. You will have much more success when you follow the programmed as designed than if you follow MFP's design (not to say MFP is bad). Besides, if you are going to buy the program, you might as well commit and follow it.
  • CoachRicardo
    Options
    You are going to Love T25! I'm on Month 2. Amazed how effective it is. I'm 5'8" and was once 250 lbs. You can totally rock this out! Good luck!
  • mrsmccullough7
    Options
    whats t25?
  • miller0518
    miller0518 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm very similiar and will be sending you a friend request. I'm trying to eat a reduced carb nutrition plan to see if I can lose significant pounds that way, in addition to getting back consistent with my exercise plan. So, this 90 day challenge will be a good kick start we can do along with you;)
  • vickilowell
    vickilowell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm very similar....5'6, started at 214....down to 175.....I'll add you......GOOD LUCK, you can do it!!!
  • cecesmty
    Options
    Am 5'8, started at 200lbs. Looking to lose 25lbs. Started well and on my weigh in today, i gained 2lbs.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    whats t25?

it's a beachbody at home workout program by Shaun T. He is the maker of insanity.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I am not your body type or weight, but I can suggest that you shoudl follow the T25 nutrition plans instead of MFP's. You will have much more success when you follow the programmed as designed than if you follow MFP's design (not to say MFP is bad). Besides, if you are going to buy the program, you might as well commit and follow it.
    Well I didnt buy it, it was given to me , wonder if i could find the meal plan online?
  • heatherc369
    Options
    You are going to Love T25! I'm on Month 2. Amazed how effective it is. I'm 5'8" and was once 250 lbs. You can totally rock this out! Good luck!
    Thank you so much!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Here is the link to the challenge if anyone wants to join :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15938-90-day-hot-for-the-holiday-challenge
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Your subject line caught my attention. I am at your goal right now. I'm a little taller but I'm 140 exactly. Add me if you want. I can give you some good tips.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can be a friend....unless I die on Saturday. I started at 195 (185 for MFP) and currently am about 165. I'm 5'7" and the dying refers to I'm competing in the Tough Mudder on Saturday. Hoping to survive!
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm very similar! Sending a friend request now.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Well I didnt buy it, it was given to me , wonder if i could find the meal plan online?

I just checked teambeachbody.com and didn't see anything but might be able to find it through google. Looking at your estimate BMR and TDEE, I would think 1700 -1900 calories total would be appropriate for the program. Macro's for the program are generally 40% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fats. This should allow you to hit about 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass and .35g of fats

BTW, if you use the above method then you wouldn't eat back exercise calories. The one advantage to eating the same amount of calories a day is it lets you understand TDEE much easier so you know where you should be eating for maintenance.
  • SKINNYSHORTS
    SKINNYSHORTS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 42, 208 lbs and 5' 8" and would like to get down to 160 lbs. I would love to join your group and hopefully learn how to get back in shape cuz whatever I have been doing is not working and I want to be in shape again instead of round like I feel now. Bear with me though, I am new to the site so I am still learning where and how everything works still.
This discussion has been closed.