Calorie questions

Options
How many calories is 197 grams of white meat chicken breast cooked with out skin...just salt, garlic and water...

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    325ish
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,787 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    You're having a hard time with the chicken! I hope it didn't cross a road! :smile:
    Responded with details in your other thread.
    270 to 325 Cal
    Proving that flyingcircuses are almost always insightful!

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You're having a hard time with the chicken! I hope it didn't cross a road! :smile:
    Responded with details in your other thread.
    270 to 325 Cal
    Proving that flyingcircuses are almost always insightful!

Not gonna lie, I used my usda entry for "chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, cooked, roasted" to come up with that number.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    The chicken calories I was using 197 grams.came to 165..I guess that was a bit more... 🙈
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Google says about 325 as well....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,787 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    But was it baked or roasted? How dry? Hence the multiple entries and small differences.

Hence the weigh it raw to count the calories. Then weigh it as cooked to count the yield of your final product so that you now have calories per gram of final product. Then weigh what you eat!

*Technically I also wait till the food has finished cooling because there is continuing moisture loss and weight reduction while that happens... but that's because no one (with good reason) will let me in a real lab, so I play at home!